Spaces available: Raja Ampat September 2016
GoPro announces HERO+ LCD
Asus announces 100% Adobe RGB monitor
Asus has announced a 4K/UHD monitor that can display the whole Adobe RGB color space. Engadget reports that the PA329Q monitor also has a 16-bit look up table and support for the BT2020 / DCI-P3 video color space. It is pre-calibrated but also offers the “highest compatibility with hardware calibration devices”.
Video: Palau’s Paradise: Ocean Wonders Worth Protecting
Google announces Photos App
Google has released details of their new standalone Photos app. This allows unlimited free online storage for images at up to 16MP resolution and videos up to 1080p. If required, Google offers storage of up 100GB at $1.99/month and 1TB at $9.99/month that will allow users to store images at higher resolutions.
Report: CMAS World Underwater Photography Championship
Rob Aarsen attended the CMAS World Championship and has kindly shared his report from the event with Wetpixel. It was held in Zeeland, The Netherlands, from 21 to 25 May. The Championship has been running since 1985, and is now in its fifteenth iteration. We also feature all the winning images from the contest.
FIX ships NEO Mini 1000 focus light
FIX is shipping their Neo Mini 1000 WR focus light. If offers red and white beams that shut off automatically when strobe output is detected. The battery is removable and can be recharged externally or swapped.
Adobe trails the dehaze slider
Adobe has trailed a new feature that is likely to be incorporated into an update of Lightroom CC soon. First announced at Adobe Max in 2014, the Dehaze tool will reduce, remove haze or add haze. Primarily aimed at landscape photographers, this may be useful to add additional definition to underwater images, which are inevitably “hazy” due to light’s passage through the water.
- Sea Turtle by Matt Lasky NG photo of the day (via )
- Teen with plan to clean up Pacific Ocean (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw 8.5 RC (via )
- Anima Mundi issue 15 is available to download (via )
- Olympus updates E-M1 firmware to v.1.4 and E-M10 to v.1.1 (via )
- Dumbo octopus footage capture by NOAA Okeanos (via )
- Nikon demonstrates new lens coating (via )
- Interview with a National Geographic photo editor (via )
- Has Columbus’ Santa Maria been discovered? (via )
- Komo News 2014 UW photo contest winners (via )