Sea & Sea 5000G 5.1 Megapixel UW Camera
Sea & Sea has just sent us the specifications for the DX-5000G, a new 5.1 megapixel underwater digital camera and housing combo. Reported features include:
- 1/1.8-inch primary-color CCD with effective image quality of 5.13 mega pixels
- 28 - 85 mm optical 3x zoom from wide-angle to telephoto
- World’s fastest shutter release time lag of 0.12 second
- Macro photography shooting range as close as 1 cm / 1/3 inch
- Aperture priority and manual exposure modes
- AF target selection
- Six scene modes to match different shooting conditions
- Can be powered by a high capacity lithium-ion rechargeable battery, AA batteries, or an AC adaptor
- Compatible with PictBrige to directly connect to a printer to print images
No information is available yet on Sea & Sea’s USA site, but you can continue reading here for more details…
New Digital Life for an Old Strobe
For the film shooters migrating to digital, here’s an option that may help reduce your initial outlay. Subaquatic Camera will retrofit the Nikon SB-105 with an optical fiber and add the housing mounts for it. The cost is around $130 for the operation including all parts and labor.
Aquatica Kodak ProSLRn Prototype
Aquatica has sent us some photos of their prototype housing for the full frame Kodak ProSLRn camera. The housing is undergoing “sea trials” now and we hope to have some sample underwater photos and feedback shortly. Click the link to see the photos of the prototype housing..
Subal D70 Review by Alex Mustard
We have just posted a review of the Subal housing for the Nikon D70, written by Wetpixel moderator and contributor Dr. Alex Mustard. Alex has put together some photos of the housing showing the control layout and a comparison with the Subal D10 housing for the Nikon D100. It looks like the new D70 housing is considerably more compact.
Subal Subal D70
First impression of the Subal housing is that it is very compact. It is smaller than the Subal D100 housing in width, height and depth. It is much smaller than the Sea and Sea D70 housing and much, much smaller than the Sea and Sea D100 housing! The camera slotted straight in to the housing straight out of the box. The housing looks strong, tough and there is good weight saving machining on the inside.
Canon Announces EOS20D and 2 New Lenses
Canon today released photographs and specifications for their newest DSLR, the EOS 20D. This camera looks to be similar to the EOS 10D but with improved image sensor and other specifications:
9 Point AF System
Canon also announced the release of two new lenses for digital SLR cameras, the EF-S 10-22 f3.5-4.5 and the EF-S 17-85 IS f4.5-5.6
Inon Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
The Inon Microfiber Cleaning Cloth is specially made for users of Inon lens and strobe products to ensure optimum product care and performance. The cloth can be used for many applications as well, such as cleaning multi-coated camera lenses and eyeglass lenses.
From August 16, while supplies last, Inon America will provide a high quality microfiber cleaning cloth with every Lens, Port and Strobe sold.
Norbert Wu to Speak at Sept NCUPS Meeting
Under Antarctic Ice: A Slide and Video Presentation
Underwater photographer, cinematographer and presenter Norbert Wu will be the featured speaker at the NCUPS September membership meeting. It
- 11 More pilot whales found dead in Florida Keys (via )
- Local Hawaiians killing Monk Seals (via )
- Review of the Nikon AW1 (via )
- December edition of DIVEMAG now available to download (via )
- Japanese super sub discovered off Hawaii (via )
- December issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Seahorse shape aids stealth hunting techniques (via BBC)
- Protecting underwater real estate for fish (via )
- NOAA and state shark fin bans (via )
- New marine conservation zones for UK (via BBC)