Pakpod launches on Kickstarter
Doubilet and Hayes to speak in Maryland
David Doubilet and Jen Hayes will be delivering their “Coral Kingdoms and Empires of Ice” lecture in Bel Air, MD on 29 October. Part of the National Geographic Live tour, the talk is about the corals of Kimbe Bay, Papua New Guinea, the ice-filled waters of Antarctica and Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence.
New marine reserves announced at the Our Oceans Conference
Adobe announces new and updated Creative Cloud apps
Significant new and upgraded Creative cloud apps have been announced at Adobe’s MAX Conference today. New mobile apps include Photoshop Fix and Adobe capture CC, while Lightroom mobile gets updated capabilities. On the desktop, Lightroom gets local Dehaze adjustments and a new, simplified import dialog. Premiere Pro now offers comprehensive native UHD support with additional color and HDR workflows. Adobe has also announced Portfolio, which offers Creative Cloud subscribers the ability to create portfolio websites.
Scientists find first ever biofluorescent reptile in Solomon Islands
Marine biologist David Gruber, of City University of New York, chanced upon the first ever recorded bioflurescing reptile this July in the Solomon Islands. The critically endangered Hawksbill sea turtle that he and his team filmed was fluorescing red and green. Image from Shutterstock.
Borneo from Below: Frogfish
The latest Borneo from Below episode, Photographing a Freak of Nature, has been released on line. This week Bertie takes us to check out the Frogfish around Borneo.
Video: Diver surrounded by hammerhead sharks
Apple upgrades OS to El Capitan
- Nikon releases firmware updates for D90, D7000, D7100, D600,… (via )
- Twitter users confuse Sir David Attenborough with his now… (via )
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )