Subal announces housing for Sony a7
Subal has announced details of their forthcoming housing for all versions of the Sony a7 mirrorless full-frame camera. It features access to all camera controls, and is compatible with the company’s Type 2 ports. It ships with either electronic or fiber optic strobe triggering bulkheads.
Call for entries: Durban Undersea Club Shootout 2015
Raja Ampat Regency changes fees
The Government of the Raja Ampat Regency has changed both the fee for entry into the area and the way that the resulting monies are distributed. The fee is now valid for 12 months (previously a calendar year) and has doubled to IDR500.000 ($38) for domestic users and IDR1000.000 (around $76) for international visitors.
Review: Nikon FX wide-angle lenses
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a review of most of the available rectilinear wide-angle lens choices for Nikon full-frame camera. The aim is to evaluate individual lens’s performance underwater, but also for this to be a reference for those seeking information about lens choices. As other test lenses come available, the tests will be added to, so please keep checking back for updates
Camera housing for shooting 360 degrees underwater
A new underwater housing gives underwater photographers the ability to shoot 360 degree video underwater by housing six GoPro cameras at once. The 360Abyss can shoot video up to 7.5K resolution and is rated to a maximum depth of 1,000 meters. The housing MSRP is $5,395 (not including the six GoPro cameras).
Video: One Shot
Report: The Photography Show
The 2015 Photography Show, held at The National Exhibition Center, Birmingham, UK is in its second year. It is the only national consumer photography event in the UK and this year featured quite a few new products so Wetpixel went along to take a look.
UK to designate largest marine reserve in the world
On Wednesday March 18, the UK government unveiled plans to designate the area around Pitcairn Island a marine reserve. When established, this will be the largest marine reserve in the entire world, encompassing 322,000 square miles.
- Sony promises improved image quality update for A7 and A7R (via )
- New California bill seeks to ban Orcas performing in captivity (via )
- Getty images are now free for non-commercial use (via )
- Harp seal found on New York beach (via )
- Malibu protects dolphins and whales (via )
- Issue 14 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )
- How deep can fish swim? (via )
- Over underwater photographs in a tank (via )
- RED Dragon sensor outperforms Nikon D800e in DxO tests (via )