Octopus escapes tank and finds way back to ocean
Inky the octopus, of New Zealand’s National Aquarium in Napier, gained instant celebrity when it was revealed that he escaped his tank, crawled across the aquarium floor, and made it to a discharge pipe to the Pacific ocean. Inky was already well known to the coastal city of Napier. He was rescued in 2004 after being caught and injured in a crayfish pot. In a public contest he was named Inky through popular vote.
Video: Raja Mono - A Study in Contrast by Ron Lagerlof.
Image: Face to Face by Alex Suh
Nauticam announces housing for Nikon D5
Nauticam will be shipping their housing for the Nikon D5 SLR camera shortly. It features a new built-in opto-electrical converter that connects to the camera via a hotshoe and outputs via fiber optic bulkheads. Nauticam are also offering an optional converter that allows TTL flash metering. ISO adjustment is available via a lever on the right hand side, and there is access to Preview and assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.
Indonesia blows up 23 foreign fishing vessels
One week ago, on tuesday April 5th, Indonesia’s Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti gave a live stream order and simultaneously blew up 23 illegal fishing vessels in seven different locations around the country. The Indonesian government has stepped up efforts to keep illegal fishing vessels out of its waters in recent years.
Video: Lionfish footage on Wild Oceans
Recsea ships housing for G5 X
Tim Rock Dive Guide series updated
- Nikon confirms banding issue with D750 (via )
- Dissecting the Lightroom and Photoshop workflow. (via )
- Adobe offers tutorials on PS and LR workflows (via )
- Apple adds RAW Compatibility update 6.02 (via )
- PetaPixel post a guide to color for photographers (via )
- Adobe updates video apps (via )
- Behind the scenes of Clark Little’s Nikon commercial (via )
- Soon you may be able to sell camera gear on Facebook (via )
- Canon updates DPP to V.4.1.50 (via )
- Stephen Frink interviewed on Fotoflock (via )