Field review: Canon EOS 6D, NA-6D housing and Zen DP-100 port
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a selective field review of the performance of the Canon EOS 6D camera, the Nauticam NA-6D housing and Zen DP-100 dome port whilst photographing the whale shark aggregation at Isla Mujeres during the 2013 Wetpixel Ultimate Whale Sharks expedition.
Stella McCartney does fashion week underwater
Fashion designer Stella McCartney had models swim the underwater catwalk for London’s fashion week in a unique and creative move to highlight new Adidas swimwear.
Nikon announces AW1 underwater camera
In a move rumored previously, Nikon has announced an interchangeable lens camera based on its 1 system. They have also unveiled waterproof 10mm f2.8 and 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses as well as an underwater Speedlight (SB-N10). Whilst comparisons with Nikonos are bound to be made, it is important to note that the maximum depth of these is 15m, so it is still not a “proper” underwater camera and the current lens choices are, at best limiting for underwater use.
Disturbing underwater images from Hawaii’s molasses spill
Underwater images show a disturbing level of devastation in Honolulu’s harbor post Molasses spill. The images show all types of marine life in the harbor dead or dying on the sea floor.
Ear wax, flame retardants & hormones: A blue whale study
Scientist’s use a ten-inch long plug of blue whale ear wax to track ocean pollution through the years.
Interview with Shawn Heinrichs and Hannah Fraser
Photographer and videographer Shawn Heinrichs and professional mermaid Hannah Fraser have collaborated on some ground breaking ocean conservation campaigns. Their conceptual imagery is featured in this week’s Full Frame, so we decided to interview them to find out their plans, techniques and motivations.
Smithsonian features underwater art
The Smithsonian is celebrating the fifth anniversary of the opening of the Sant Ocean Hall with a gallery and two temporary exhibitions that celebrate the connection between humans and the oceans. The exhibitions feature the work of Brian Skerry, Cornelia Kubler Kavanagh and Gareth Lawson.
Video: EunJae Im in Lembeh
- Panasonic updates 12-35mm f2.8 X lens to firmware version 1.2 (via )
- Nikon announces 1 system 32mm f1.2 lens (via )
- Zombie worms feast on whale bones (via )
- Senegal begins marine conservation project (via BBC)
- Atmospheric CO2 reaches 400 parts per million (via BBC)
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )
- New nudibranch, crinoid and amphipods discovered in Madang… (via )
- Lundy Island, UK hosts splash-in photographic contest (via )
- NHK and Mitsubishi develop H.265 encoder for 8K video (via )