Subal D20 photos
Digideep BOOT Coverage
Wetpixel Review of the Aquatica Kodak Housing
I've just posted the review of the Aquatica housing for the Kodak ProSLRn/14n along with extensive image samples and 100% crops. I made two dives in cold water at the Coronado Islands just south of San Diego in order to evaluate the setup in challenging conditions. In the right hands, and accounting for the camera and housing quirks, the system is capable of producing stunning 4,500 x 3,000 pixel full frame underwater images. Aquatica took a bold step by developing a housing for this camera without already having a large user base of camera owners and they deserve kudos for it.
Digideep.com BOOT Expo Coverage
Our friends from www.digideep.com are at the BOOT 2005 showing in Duesseldorf Germany this week and have posted their preliminary show report with the very latest news of "what's up" in the underwater photography world. Check their report often, as they are posting updates as they become available. For now the text is only in German, but I'm sure an English translation will be available soon.
Seacam Subsea’s Sony HDR-FX1 HD Housing
Aquatica Kodak ProSLRn/14n Housing Review
Aquatica took a bold step by developing a housing for this camera without already having a large user base of camera owners and they deserve kudos for it. The camera requires extensive knowledge of post-processing, so it's not a good choice for digital beginners wishing to shoot JPEG for instant results. Consequently, I'd characterize this system (camera and housing) as a specialty niche tool
Digideep adds new features
NCUPS Presents: Big Animals with Amos Nachoum
To start off 2005, Amos Nachoum, professional wildlife photographer, trip leader and NCUPS member will be the featured speaker at the January membership meeting. Amos will present images and stories from his spectacular world travels to every corner of the earth. From whales and sharks to penguins and schooling fish, he will show images from Africa to Antarctica. Many of these images have been published and have won numerous awards. Please take advantage of this opportunity and join us at 8PM on January 14 at Room C370, Fort Masson, San Francisco for this spectacular presentation.
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )