Canon issues service advisory for EOS Rebel T6s and T6i
Video: Confluence - man and sharks by Monty Halls
UK television presenter and marine biologist, Monty Halls, presented a talk entitled “Confluence - the turbulent relationship of man and shark” at the TEDxVilnius event in late April. In it, he describes the changes that he has observed in the oceans over the two decades of his lifetime and the prospects for the marine environment if the current industrial scale eradication of sharks is continued. (Image by Simon Rogerson)
MindShift Gear releases GP system
Inon is shipping their X-2 housing for the ESO 70D
Winners of University of Miami underwater photo contest announced
The winners of the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science underwater photography contest have been announced. The best overall photograph was shot by Audrey Shpatak of a Japanese warbonnet in Rudnaya Bay, Japan.
Daniel Botelho exhibits at the Louvre
National Geographic photographer and Wetpixel contributor, Daniel Botelho is having a selection of his underwater images exhibited at the Louvre Museum, Paris. Entitled “Art from the SEVEN Seas”, the retrospective celebrates his 10 years of underwater image making and runs from 20 May to 15 June.
Norbert Wu’s Favorite Images: Orcas in Antarctica
Nauticam ships housing for Atomos Shogun
Nauticam has announced the availability of their long-awaited housing for the Atomos Shogun video monitor/recorder. Controls include access to touch-screen functions like “Waveform Monitoring Functions” and “Monitor Assist Functions” overlays. It is equipped with cooling fans powered via a battery in the housing, and Nauticam’s vacuum check system is supplied as standard.
- NG photo of the day by Nadia Aly (via )
- Rigs to Reefs of California (via )
- NG photo of the Day by Thomas Peschak (via )
- Olympus releases firmware update for OM-D E-M1 (via )
- Dolphin whistle translated by computer (via )
- Galapagos shark by Thomas Peschak - NG photo of the day (via )
- Seaglider shows marks from giant squid (via )
- Tonic immobility potentially harmful to sharks (via )
- Sony updates A7 and A7R. Major performance improvements (via )
- Canon releases bug fixing firmware for EOS 6D (via )