Call for entries: Sharks in Focus photography competition
Nauticam announces the NA-D7100 housing
Nauticam USA has announced the specifications of their housing for the Nikon D7100 SLR camera. Shipping from 5 May at a US retail price of $3,200, the NA-D7100 features ISO, image review, record and AF/AE lock levers, a new lever to activate the camera’s info button and a locking control for the mode dial lock button.
Preview: Nikon D7100 underwater
UK government attacks copyright laws
Edmond Terakopian reports in his blog that the UK government has passed an Act that will allow the unauthorized use and free use of any work that is considered “orphaned”. The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act means that any digital work that does not have metadata or watermarking showing ownership can be used without payment.
First images of the Seacam housing for 5D Mark III
Seacam’s USA distributor Stephen Frink has supplied a series of images of the company’s new housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III SLR. The images were shot during his first in-water experience with the housing and the back drop to the images is actually the camera table of the Thailand Aggressor.
Imminent update for Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon USA announced in October 2012 that they were planning a firmware upgrade for the EOS 5D Mark III at the end of April. The update will give the option of outputting uncompressed video at YCbCr 4:2:2, 8 bit to an external recording device via the camera’s HDMI port. In addition, it will also expand AF via the central cross-type focus points with a maximum aperture of a lens and extender combination to f8.
ADEX 2013 show report
This year’s Asian Dive Expo was held from 19 to 22 April at the Sands Convention Center, Singapore. Wetpixel was on hand to cover the latest in underwater imaging, and the show did not disappoint. There were quite a lot of new housings with a focus on the big cameras. The Arri Alexa, Red Epic/Scarlet, Sony F55 all had housings, even the Leica S3 had a housing. It was a rather exciting show for videographers. Read on to see exclusive pictures of the latest housings.
Fantasea announces the FG15 housing
Fantasea has announced the release of their FG15 housing for the Canon Powershot G15 compact camera. This is designed to have better ergonomics and features than that of the Canon WP-DC48 housing and to this end has fiber optic ports, dedicated control for video functions and compatibility with a range of accessories.
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )
- Tokina to ship new AT-X 12-28mm f4 PRO DX lens from April 2013. (via )
- Anger grows as a shark being used by Kmart in an advert dies. (via BBC)
- Nikon updates Capture NX, Camera Control Pro and more (via )
- Palau’s President proposes no commercial fishing in island’s… (via )
- Carl Safina writes about the politics of shark protection at… (via )
- Free Actual Pixels app allows viewing of images at 100% on iOS… (via )
- How pro photographers view pro SLRs (via )
- Nikon updates ViewNX to version 2.7.4 (via )