Hack allows Sony F5 to record 4K internally
Alert Diver seeks votes for its cover image
The fall edition of Alert Diver magazine will feature a portfolio of images from the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week. To celebrate this, the magazine is seeking readers to vote for their choice of cover image. The two images chosen are either of a Nassau Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) from San Salvador, or spotted dolphins (Stenella attenuata) from Bimini. Please head on over to Alert Diver online to vote for your favorite.
Report: NUPG Splash-In 2014
Video: Mucky Secrets by Nick Hope
Wetpixel member Nick Hope of Bubblevision has posted his amazing 90 minute film about the macro life of Lembeh Straits. Previously released as episodes, Nick explores the amazing range of weird and wonderful creatures that make the Lembeh Strait a hot spot for marine biodiversity and a unique muck diving destination.
Olympus announces the E-PL7 camera
Olympus has announced the PEN E-PL7 mirrorless camera. It features a 16.05 megapixel Live MOS sensor with a TruePic VII image processor and 3 axis stabilization. It has an ISO range of 200 to 25600 and a new 81 point contrast detection AF system. Olympus will also produce the PT-EP12 underwater housing for the camera.
How deep can humans go underwater?
Nauticam releases NA-XT1 Housing
Nauticam is shipping a housing for the Fujifilm X-T1 mirrorless camera. Many of the camera’s lenses feature manual aperture control, and Nauticam has designed the housing around this requirement.
Scientists describe new humpback dolphin
Researchers have announced the name of a new species of humpback dolphin. Sousa sahulensis or the Australian Humpback dolphin was officially identified in the journal Marine Mammal Science after being identified using DNA sequencing and skull morphology late in 2013. (Illustration by U. Gorter).
- Vancouver aquarium releases seal pups back into the wild (via )
- Monk seal bites triathletes in Hawaii (via )
- Shutdown threatens oceanographic research (via )
- Nikon D610 officially announced (via )
- Montserrat: An island abandoned and reclaimed by nature (via )
- Sponges allow corals to thrive in marine deserts (via BBC)
- New free Lightroom Quick Start guide available to download (via )
- Sixty new species discovered in Suriname (via )
- National Geographic photography issue (via )
- Dolphin deaths on east coast and morbiliivirus (via )