Great white shark predatory behavior captured by underwater drone
Book: Reflections from the Past by David Salvatori
Underwater photographer David Salvatori’s book about the Capodacqua Lake in Central Italy has been published. The lake is situated in beautiful scenery, crystal clear water and several submerged middle-age ruins.
Borneo from Below: Death by Plastic
The weekly web show, Borneo from Below, has published their latest episode online. This week features Bertie investigating the impact plastic has on our oceans indirectly and directly, in a sad occurrence of a deceased pilot whale whose stomach is filled with plastic garbage.
Pete Atkinson publishes ebook about diving and sailing in Polynesia
Pete Atkinson has published an ebook about his adventures above and below the surface while sailing around the South Pacific. In order to finance this, he earned a living taking pictures and having stories and his imagery published in diving and sailing magazines.
MBARI launches Deep-Sea Guide
The Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute (MBARI) has launched their Deep-Sea Guide. This gives access to the Institute’s database of 25 years worth of deep-sea ROV observations, which has not previously been open to the public. The database and its Video Annotation and Reference System software can be used to search for creatures via common or taxonomic names as well as data about occurrence, images of creatures and references.
Review: New World Publication pdf books
New World Publications has recently released 8 of their reference books as right managed pdfs. In addition, in November 2015, they released the second edition of their Reef Fish Identification - Tropical Pacific guidebook. Wetpixel editor, Adam Hanlon provides a review of the new format and the new book.
Earth Touch: Fish out of water
Earth Touch News has published their latest video in the Wild Oceans portion of their video library. This week features mudskippers, fish that can venture out of the water and do some cool stuff.
Ikelite WD-3 Wide Angle Dome lens available
Ikelite are now shipping their WD-3 wide angle wet lens. Designed to minimise vignetting, the lens simply fits onto any Ikelite housing with a 3 inch diameter lens port. It can be removed and attached underwater
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )
- Six production companies get ok from FAA to use drones (via )
- Canon USA releases guide to AF on 7D Mark II (PDF) (via )
- Blue whale populations off California near historic levels (via )
- Woman pays tribute to departed fiance with uw photo shoot (via )
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s 2014 UN climate speech (via )