Nauticam announces housing for Nikon D5
Nauticam will be shipping their housing for the Nikon D5 SLR camera shortly. It features a new built-in opto-electrical converter that connects to the camera via a hotshoe and outputs via fiber optic bulkheads. Nauticam are also offering an optional converter that allows TTL flash metering. ISO adjustment is available via a lever on the right hand side, and there is access to Preview and assignable Function buttons 1 and 2.
Indonesia blows up 23 foreign fishing vessels
One week ago, on tuesday April 5th, Indonesia’s Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Minister Susi Pudjiastuti gave a live stream order and simultaneously blew up 23 illegal fishing vessels in seven different locations around the country. The Indonesian government has stepped up efforts to keep illegal fishing vessels out of its waters in recent years.
Video: Lionfish footage on Wild Oceans
Recsea ships housing for G5 X
Tim Rock Dive Guide series updated
iBubble autonomous underwater camera to launch on Indiegogo
iBubble, billed as an autonomous underwater camera, will be seeking funding on Indiegogo from 19 April. It will offer several different filming modes, controlled by a wrist band attached to the diver, which it can be set to follow. It is designed for use with GoPro HERO 3 and 4 cameras and will give one hour of filming at depths of up to 197ft (60m).
Whole Foods set to sell invasive Lionfish
Whole Foods markets, in their bid to offer sustainable seafood options, will sell lionfish at the seafood counters of all west coast locations within the next six months. The chain hopes to eventually expand the sale of lionfish to all 431 locations in the future. In their native habitat, lionfish serve an important role in the food chain. However, since being introduced to the Caribbean the population of the invasive fish has grown exponentially.
(Image from Shutterstock )
Lytro announces Cinema camera system
Light Field camera company Lytro has announced its Cinema camera. Designed for film and TV crews, the new camera makes it easier to blend live footage and computer-generated effects and allows directors to make changes to their footage in post-production that could previously only be made by reshooting the scene.
- The story of an underwater ballroom, a swindler and death by… (via )
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )