Underwater Housing for Fuji F710 Widescreen
Digital Media Cards Compared
Wetpixel March/April Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of our first Wetpixel official photo contest! All of us were very impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and chosing the winners was not an easy task! See the winning entries here.
1st Place: "Loving Leafies" by Dave Harasti (Dave H)
2nd Place: "WWII Corsair Airplane" by (lidde)
3rd Place: "The thing" by Dany Weinberg (BIKO)
Hon Mention: "Free climbing" by Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
Winners are chosen by our world-renowned jury of photographers and will receive prizes from our contest sponsors: Aquatica, Pictopia, Ikelite, Gates Housings, Ultralight Control Systems, Marine Camera Distributors, INON America, and Fathoms.
Be sure to enter our official May/June 2004 photo contest, which will be accepting entries until the end of this month.
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Contest
Nikon: exit from compact film cameras?
Excerpt from "Nikon Boosts Digital Cameras, Eyes Exit from Film":
"Canon and Nikon control nearly all of the nascent digital SLR market. They are also the leading makers of film SLRs, but demand is declining due to a rapid switch to digital models.
"Kimura said Nikon had no plans to stop producing film SLRs, but that it may next year start considering pulling out of the film compact camera business due to a sharp plunge in demand.
"'There is still the matter of timing, but eventually we will have to dissolve [the film] business," Kimura said. 'There really is no region in the world where you can do good business in compact film cameras anymore.'"
Ikelite SD10 Housing
Ikelite/Sigma SD10 Review Posted
Inon Support for the Canon Powershot S1
M67 Mount Base DC20
Optical D Cable/Cap W5 Set with Clear Photo Film
Grip Base DIII
- Twenty20 is the world’s largest crowdsourced stock photo… (via )
- A tour of the Atlantis underwater suite Dubai (via )
- New archaeological discovery off Britain to change history (via )
- Sea levels rose 4 inches along the northeast in 2 years (via )
- Olympus releases firmware v3.0 for OM-D E-M1 (via )
- Graveyard of giant lemurs discovered in Madagascar (via )
- Video: Octopus captures a crab, out of the water (via )
- Google’s Eric Schmidt gives $10M to Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- NG photo of the day Manatees by Ryan Nelson (via )
- Limpet teeth are nature’s strongest material (via )