Dive into the Pink online auction opens soon
Charity Dive into the Pink is raising funds with a charity auction of dive related trips and products. Dive into the Pink supports the Young Survival Coalition and the Guise Laboratory at Indiana University, both dedicated to supporting and researching cancer. The [auction]((http://32auctions.com/divepink2017) will open on 1 October and 4 pm PDT.
Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
Call for Entries: Beneath the Sea 2018
The 2018 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition is calling for entries. Alongside general prizes, the contest offers the David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video and the Jim Church award for excellence in creative underwater photography.
Reuters grant program fosters next generation of photojournalists
Reuters has announced a grant program that seeks to recruit and foster up and coming photojournalists from diverse backgrounds to tell “human stories from around the world”. Applicants do not need to be established photojournalists, but they do need to demonstrate an ability to come up with a project theme and see it to completion. Up to 8 grants of $5,000 US will be awarded.
WPOTY previews winning images
The 2017 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest (WPOTY) has released a selection of its shortlisted images. The full results will be announced at a gala event at London’s Natural History Museum on Tuesday, October 17, at an awards ceremony in the Natural History Museum’s newly refurbished Hintze Hall. The 2018 contest will open for entries from 23 October.
Canon announces 4K camcorders
Canon has announced there new 4K camcorders. All three features a 15x optical zoom lens and support 4K recording via a 1.0-inch CMOS sensor and Dual DIGIC DV 6 image-processor. Output is 4K/60p 4:2:2 MPEG-4 recording on to 2 SD cards.
Behind the Shot of “Drop” by Pietro Formis
Recently Pietro Formis shared his image “Drop” on the Wetpixel Facebook page. The image is a striking portrait of a freediver framed perfectly by a sea cave. Needless to say the image received a lot of attention on the page. We asked him to share with us how he got the shot.
Blackmagic Design ships DaVinci Resolve 14
- Waterproof PowerGrip H20 for GoPros (via )
- Canon updates 1D C firmware to version 1.4 (via )
- Panasonic releases paid-for firmware update version 2.4 for GH4 (via )
- Canon updates 1D X firmware to 2.0.8 (via )
- Nikon updates D7100 C firmware to version 1.03 (via )
- 3 Instagram photographers receive $10K grants from Getty Images (via )
- Marine mammals gain protections from Navy sonar testing in… (via )
- Near miss between breaching humpback and kayak in Monterey (via )
- Canon updates 7D Mark II firmware to version 1.0.5 (via )
- GoPro’s 360 degree 15k dollar camera the Odyssey (via )