Karen Glaser’s Springs and Swamps Series
Photographer Karen Glaser has been photographing the springs and swamps of Florida for decades. Through artist-in-residencies award programs through organizations like Big Cypress National Preserve and the Everglades National Park, Glaser has gained access to endangered fresh water springs and swamps in southern Florida.
Reports from Aquarius: Mission 31 updates
Video: Lake Baikal by Alex Benedik
Video and details on Benjamin Von Wong’s shipwreck shoot
Video: Manta Ray in 6K
[Ron Lagerlof]9http://vimeo.com/ronlagerlof) has shared some footage that he has shot for stock with Mammoth HD that has been shot in full 6K resolution on the RED EPIC Dragon. The video features giant Pacific mantas rays (Manta birostris) with clarion angelfish (Holacanthus clarionensis) cleaners. The footage was captured at The Canyon, Isla San Benedicto, Mexico.
Call for protection of the Pitcairn Islands
The BBC reports that researchers are calling for the protection of the marine environment around the mid-Pacific Pitcairn Islands. An international team of scientists have stated that the waters around the islands have “unique global value that is irreplaceable”, and that of the fish species found, about half were endemic. (Image from Shutterstock).
Expedition seeks to decode sperm whale vocalizations
Canon updates Digital Photo Professional
- Everything you need to know about RED Dragon (via )
- Issue 74 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- New species of walking sharks discovered in Indonesia (via )
- Nat Geo photographer on assignment with cellphone (via )
- Issue 28 of African Diver available to download (via African Diver)
- Deep sea squid mystery solved (via )
- Wounded great white shark heals surprisingly fast (via )
- Pegasus thruster and Brandon Cole interview (via )
- The reason Richard Branson wants to save sharks (via )
- September is debris month of action (via )