Western Digital ships 12TB hard drive
Hurricane Maria to land on the Leeward Islands tonight
Hurricane Maria’s strength has intensified to category 4 and is now due to land on the Leeward Islands later tonight. Many of these islands have already been badly affected by hurricane Irma, and it seems that this second storm will wreak additional havoc. From the Wetpixel community to those in the storm’s path: We hope and pray that you will be safe and that the storm will pass you by with minimal impact on your homes and businesses.
Scientists examine coral loss in 240-year old nautical maps
In a study recently published in the journal Science Advances, scientists compared nautical charts between 1773 and 1775 of the Florida Keys to satellite data. Specifically, the nautical charts recorded exact location of corals. The location of existing present day coral match the nautical maps. However, over half of the coral recorded in the nautical charts is missing today.
Gates announces SPR110 Stackable Port System
Howard Hall films available on Amazon Video
Lightroom Coffee Break: View photos faster with 1:1 preview
In this week’s episode of Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Break, Benjamin Ward discuses one way of dealing with the sometimes slow loading of images in Lightroom’s Loupe view. By forcing the app to create 1:1 previews on import, this speeds up any rendering required in the Library module. It is important to note that if you open the images in the edit module, they will need to render again.
Dive into the Pink online auction opens soon
Charity Dive into the Pink is raising funds with a charity auction of dive related trips and products. Dive into the Pink supports the Young Survival Coalition and the Guise Laboratory at Indiana University, both dedicated to supporting and researching cancer. The [auction]((http://32auctions.com/divepink2017) will open on 1 October and 4 pm PDT.
Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
- Canon updates 7D Mark II firmware to version 1.0.5 (via )
- GoPro’s 360 degree 15k dollar camera the Odyssey (via )
- Issue 20 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available (via )
- Apple updates Pro Video formats to 2.0.2. (via )
- Motion and Compressor update to 5.2.2. and 4.2.1 (via )
- Final Cut Pro updates to 10.2.2. (via )
- New sculptures on Thames by Jason deCaires Taylor (via )
- Chiara Vigo, the last woman to make sea silk (via )
- Polaroid Snap: 10 megapixel instant digital camera (via )
- Preview 3 images from Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2015 (via )