Gates announces housing for Canon C300 Mark II
Gates Underwater Products has announced their housing for the Canon EOS C300 Mark II camera. It is lightweight and compact and offers support for both EF and PL mount Canon lenses. The housing utilizes Gates’s Port system and is supplied with a housing for the Transvideo StarliteHD OLED field monitor.
Live updates: Wetpixel Bahama Shark Expedition
Wetpixel is currently in the Bahamas diving with greater hammerhead sharks (Sphyrna mokarran) and tiger sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier) with Epic Diving’s. Internet connection depending (!) we will be adding updates here as the trip progresses. The Bahamas is unique in having an amazing resident population of big sharks!
Video: Earth Touch Wild Oceans file clam
The latest Earth Touch video for their sea life themed Wild Oceans series features a file clam. The little critter is a bivalve, and uses jet propulsion to move it through the water. The video was filmed by Mark Thorpe.
Environmental photographer dies while snorkeling Great Barrier Reef
Renowned photographer Gary Braasch died yesterday while snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef. A Nikon Behind the Lens environmental photographer, Braasch’s recent project surrounded the effects of climate change. His work has been published in the New York Times and National Geographic among others.
Visitors to Monterey Bay aquarium treated to birth of wild sea otter
Visitors to the Monterey Bay Aquarium were treated to a rare sight of a wild sea otter giving birth to her pup. The mother otter hauled out onto a rock in one of the aquariums tide pools in full view of many visitors giving them a front row seat to the full birthing process of a wild animal.
Inon announces new lens mount for GoPro housings
Inon has just announced the release of their SD Front Mask STD, a new lens mount for GoPro housings. The depth rating is 40 meters (131 feet) and has compatible lenses and supports several different GoPro models.
First audio recordings from bottom of Mariana Trench
The first recorded audio from the bottom of the Mariana Trench have returned to the surface. Challenger Deep is the deepest known valley on the seafloor and lays at the bottom of the Mariana Trench at 36,000 feet deep.
Anima Mundi Issue 22 Available
- 5 swimmers pulled from water after encounter with aggressive… (via )
- October issue of DIVE magazine available to download (via )
- Incredible close-up drone footage of a volcano in Iceland (via )
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in NW Alaska (via )
- Panasonic releases firmware update for GH4 (via )
- Silent divers count more fish (via )
- Canon updates DPP, EOS Movie, EOS Utility and Picture Style… (via )
- Six production companies get ok from FAA to use drones (via )
- Canon USA releases guide to AF on 7D Mark II (PDF) (via )
- Blue whale populations off California near historic levels (via )