Fantasea releases macro lenses
Fantasea has announced three new wet macro conversion lenses. The UCL-O5LF, UCL-06LF and UCL-09F have +6, +12 and +12.5 magnifications respectively and attach with 67mm threads.
Newly discovered Amazon coral reef threatened by oil companies
The first images of a newly discovered coral reef at the mouth of the Amazon river have emerged. Greenpeace has released images of the 600-mile long coral reef that were taken from a submarine off their ship the Esperanza. The 220-meter deep reef stretches from French Guiana to Brazil’s Maranhão state and was discovered in the spring of last year. Normally reef systems are absent from the mouths of major rivers. The unique ecosystem is threatened by three oil companies that have been granted exploration rights in the area.
Countdown: Entries to Our World Underwater 2017
The countdown for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now well underway. There is just less than one week to process your best images and upload them on to the contest’s website.
Scubashooters extends deadline for Deep Visions contest
Subal announces housing for Panasonic GX80
Subal has released the details of their housing for the Panasonic GX80 mirrorless camera. It has an integrated sun shade, special grooves to allow water to drain from the housing’s buttons and Subal’s new easy lock system. It provides access to all camera controls including raising and lowering the built-in flash.
Noodilab releases Optical Light Condenser
Noodilab has released their optical light condenser for Fisheye FIX NEO lights. The lens elements within it concentrate the light to a singular bright spot allowing the capture of “snoot type shots” whilst using a power setting of between 1-10% (more if you require it) on the light.
UW Technics announces external TTL converter
UW Technics has announced their external TTL controller for Nikon. Compatible will all Nikon cameras and available with optical or electronic output, it is attached via any M14 housing port. It is compatible with Z-240, YS-250, DS-161, YS-D1, YS-D2 and strobes.
Master Wildlife Filmmaking podcast features Howard and Michelle Hall
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )
- Obama administration delivers blow to Shell’s Arctic drilling… (via )
- The most common vertebrate in the world is a fish (via )
- Adobe Dehaze: a tool for dealing with backscatter (via )
- Facebook unveils new Snapchat-esque photo editing (via )
- Starfish excrete foreign bodies through their arms (via )
- Tamales Bay revival exceeds expectations in just seven years (via )
- Swimming with sharks off Oahu, Hawaii (via )
- NG photo of the day Orcas by Paul Nicklen (via )
- 33 year-old orca dies after a lifetime in captivity (via )