Good news for marine conservation
Hurricane Patricia to hit Mexico
Hurricane Patricia is about to make landfall on the Mexican Pacific coast. The storm has strengthened and the BBC is reporting that it is now the “strongest storm to hit the Americas”. For all those that are in the path of the storm, we hope that you and your loved ones are in a place of safety. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Call for entries: World Shootout 2015
The World Shootout is calling for entries. The contest is actually three competitions rolled into one: The real-time shootout accepts any image that has been shot underwater between 1 January and 1 November 2015. The Global Championship is a national team event based around the same concept, and the Video Clips of the World category accepts any video clip, shot underwater at any time and in any place in the world.
New World Publications releases second edition of Reef Fish ID-Tropical Pacific
New World Publications has announced the release of the second edition of their seminal “Reef Fish Identification Tropical Pacific” guide. Co-authored by Gerald Allen, Roger Steene, Paul Humann and Ned DeLoach, it features 2,000 species with over 2,500 photographs, an increase of 200 more species over the first edition. Designed to be user friendly, it utilizes color-coded identification groups and both common and scientific names.
Recea ships HERO4 Session housing
Recsea has released a housing for the GoPro HERO4 Session POV camera. Featuring a maximum depth of 300m (984 feet), the housing offers full camera function control and is machined from aluminum. Recsea can also supply color-correcting filters for the housing.
Video: Behind the scenes with Zena Holloway
Borneo from Below: Photographing Paradise
The latest Borneo from Below episode has been released. This week Bertie sets out in pursuit of five iconic underwater travel photographs in the waters surrounding Borneo.
Seacam ships Prelude housing for D750 and 7D Mark II
- Milking a venomous stonefish (via )
- July issue of DIVE available to download (via )
- GoPro successfully goes public, valued at over $3B (via )
- Apple officially ceases development of Aperture (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.2 (via )
- A new underground aquarium in Mexico City (via )
- NG photo of the day by David Doubilet (via )
- Bycatch in US is costly financially as well as environmentally (via )
- Nikon D810 specifications and images leaked (via )
- Black Magic announces Camera Utility update to v 1.8 (via )