American Airlines announces it will no longer ship shark fins
In an announcement via twitter earlier today, American Airlines announced that it will no longer ship shark fins. Conservation organizations Turtle Island Restoration Network and PRETOMA found evidence that the airlines were complicit in the illegal transport of protected hammerhead shark fins from Costa Rica to Hong Kong, with a touchdown on US soil, which is illegal under federal law.
Apple releases Photos app
Incorporated into the 10.10.3 OS update, Apple has released their new Photos app. Designed to integrate with iOS devices, and to replace iPhoto and Aperture, the new app accesses images stored on iCloud Photo Library. It incorporates editing tools including white balance, histogram, color and sharpening.
Canon updates the EOS C300 digital cinema camera
Canon announces the XC10 4K camcorder
AbelCine announces workshop with Gates
Mucky Secrets available on DVD
Video: Olympus image stabilization in action
Olympus incorporated 5 axis image stabilization into their OM-D E-M5 mirrorless camera back in 2012. Micro 4/3rds Photography has attached a LUMIX GH4 with a Samyang 7.5mm lens to the front of an OM-D EM5 II camera (without a lens) and recorded the actual movement of the sensor correcting camera movements.
Lost camera fully functional after 3 months underwater in a housing
In March of this year John Ng was diving with the Scuba Monster team in the Maldives, when he found an intact camera housing during one of his dives. Shockingly, the Panasonic GH4 in a Nauticam underwater housing was fully functioning.
- US Ambassador “deeply concerned” about dolphin killings at… (via )
- Adobe leaks Lightroom mobile App (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 10.1 (via )
- Video stream of newborn elephant seal pup (via )
- 3D printed medium format camera (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 14.2 (via )
- Apple updates digital camera RAW (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.1 (via )
- Sochi orca whale exhibit sparks outrage (via )
- NG Photo of the Day by Peet J van Eeden (via )