Scientists examine coral loss in 240-year old nautical maps
In a study recently published in the journal Science Advances, scientists compared nautical charts between 1773 and 1775 of the Florida Keys to satellite data. Specifically, the nautical charts recorded exact location of corals. The location of existing present day coral match the nautical maps. However, over half of the coral recorded in the nautical charts is missing today.
Gates announces SPR110 Stackable Port System
Howard Hall films available on Amazon Video
Lightroom Coffee Break: View photos faster with 1:1 preview
In this week’s episode of Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Break, Benjamin Ward discuses one way of dealing with the sometimes slow loading of images in Lightroom’s Loupe view. By forcing the app to create 1:1 previews on import, this speeds up any rendering required in the Library module. It is important to note that if you open the images in the edit module, they will need to render again.
Dive into the Pink online auction opens soon
Charity Dive into the Pink is raising funds with a charity auction of dive related trips and products. Dive into the Pink supports the Young Survival Coalition and the Guise Laboratory at Indiana University, both dedicated to supporting and researching cancer. The [auction]((http://32auctions.com/divepink2017) will open on 1 October and 4 pm PDT.
Alien Skin announces Exposure X3
Call for Entries: Beneath the Sea 2018
The 2018 Beneath the Sea International Imaging Competition is calling for entries. Alongside general prizes, the contest offers the David Doubilet award for excellence in underwater photography, the Stan Waterman award for excellence in underwater video and the Jim Church award for excellence in creative underwater photography.
Reuters grant program fosters next generation of photojournalists
Reuters has announced a grant program that seeks to recruit and foster up and coming photojournalists from diverse backgrounds to tell “human stories from around the world”. Applicants do not need to be established photojournalists, but they do need to demonstrate an ability to come up with a project theme and see it to completion. Up to 8 grants of $5,000 US will be awarded.
- Google+ photos merging to Google photos August 1 (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom for Android to version 1.2 (via )
- Canon updates DPP to version 4.3.0 (via )
- Spinner dolphins by Erika Hart NG photo of the day (via )
- Video: Follow a National Geographic photographer (via )
- Apple releases version 6.05 of Raw compatibility software (via )
- Nikon D750 advisory for shutter shading (via )
- Outdoor Photographer magazine sold to Madavor Media (via )
- Volunteer Divers Needed for Giant Sea Bass Count August 1-16,… (via )
- Atomos upgrades Shogun firmware to AtomOS6.4 (via )