Canon announces EOS 80D
Zena Holloway’s latest images for the Birmingham Royal Ballet
The latest project of renowned underwater photographer Zena Holloway features the dancers of the Birmingham Royal Ballet, underwater. The images are part of a promotion for the ballet’s latest production, the Tempest.
Borneo from Below: Episode 27
The latest online episode of Borneo from Below features underwater photographer Jason Isley and his Small Blue World. Bertie spends time interviewing Jason as well as diving and following the process behind the project
Sea Shepherd announces Sea Shepherd Dive
Beneath the Sea announces film festival line up
The Beneath the Sea International Film Festival has released the list of speakers for its fortieth event. It will be held on Saturday, 2 April at 8:30 p.m. in the La Quinta Hotel Secaucus, New Jersey. The host for the evening will be Bill Evans. Jonathan Bird, Leandro Blanco, Ernie Brooks, Andy Brandy Casagrande, David Doubilet and Jen Hayes, Jack and Sue Drafahl, Howard and Michele Hall and Richie Kohler will all present their films during the festival.
Book: Shark Doc, Shark Lab
A new book telling the life story of Samuel “Doc” Gruber of Bimini Biological Field Station (“Shark Lab”) and raiding funds for said institution has been released. The book details what he has learned about sharks in his decades studying them and thoughts from many of the scientists who have worked with him at Bimini.
Wetpixel Community Discount: Vivid-Pix-Prints
Underwater print service, Vivid-Pix-Prints are offering Wetpixel community members a special promo code that gives a 10% discount on their next print order. Vivid-Pix offer a full range of services including image printing onto canvas, metal and acrylic. The company specializes in printing images captured underwater.
Results: Beneath the Sea 2016
The Beneath the Sea imaging contest has announced their winners for 2016. Edwar Herreño was awarded the David Doubilet Award (Best in Show) for his image “Turtle Love” and Nicholas Dean the Stan Waterman prize for his film: “What Would Wallace Think”. n the creative category, Massimo Giorgetta’s images “Mirror in a Tunnel” received the Jim Church Award.
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )
- Showing sharks in a positive light by George Probst (via )
- Apple expands OS X Mavericks raw support (via )