Borneo from Below: Catsharks
Adobe provides solutions for issues with Lightroom update
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Pakpod launches on Kickstarter
Doubilet and Hayes to speak in Maryland
David Doubilet and Jen Hayes will be delivering their “Coral Kingdoms and Empires of Ice” lecture in Bel Air, MD on 29 October. Part of the National Geographic Live tour, the talk is about the corals of Kimbe Bay, Papua New Guinea, the ice-filled waters of Antarctica and Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence.
New marine reserves announced at the Our Oceans Conference
Adobe announces new and updated Creative Cloud apps
Significant new and upgraded Creative cloud apps have been announced at Adobe’s MAX Conference today. New mobile apps include Photoshop Fix and Adobe capture CC, while Lightroom mobile gets updated capabilities. On the desktop, Lightroom gets local Dehaze adjustments and a new, simplified import dialog. Premiere Pro now offers comprehensive native UHD support with additional color and HDR workflows. Adobe has also announced Portfolio, which offers Creative Cloud subscribers the ability to create portfolio websites.
Scientists find first ever biofluorescent reptile in Solomon Islands
Marine biologist David Gruber, of City University of New York, chanced upon the first ever recorded bioflurescing reptile this July in the Solomon Islands. The critically endangered Hawksbill sea turtle that he and his team filmed was fluorescing red and green. Image from Shutterstock.
- X-Ray magazine issue 60 available to download (via )
- Wolffish by David Doubilet NG photo of the day (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 78 is available (via )
- Blue footed booby population declines in Galapagos (via )
- Seals in Farne Islands filmed with GoPro (via )
- Dead blue whale could explode soon (via )
- Nikon updates D4s firmware to C:1.01 (via )
- How plastic bags end up in ocean garbage patches (via )
- Up to 32 percent of seafood in US caught illegally (via )
- David Doubilet split shot NG photo of the day (via )