Survey: Shark tourism in the Bahamas
The Cape Eleuthera Institute is investigating the economic impact that shark diving charters have on the Bahamian economy. To gauge this, they have added a short online survey for people who have either been to the Bahamas, or are planning to do so. Adding your input to this will take no more than a few minutes, and may help more sharks in the Bahamas receive protection.
Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin photographed underwater for ESPN
Recsea ships housings for Sony AX series 4K camcorders
Recsea has announced two new housings for the Sony AX series 4K camcorders. One version has a window that allows the AX30/AX33/AXP33/AXP35’s LCD screens to be used, whereas the other (for AX33/AXP33/AXP35 only) uses the camera’s viewfinder for framing. Both versions are available now.
Call for entries: Out of the Blue
The Out of the Blue Marine Photography competition, run by The Prince of Wales’s International Sustainability Unit and the Royal Commonwealth Society is calling for entries. The purpose of the contest is to showcase the importance of our marine environment, the value it brings and the threats it is facing. The contest is open for entries now and closes on Sunday 6 September.
Call for entries: Monterey Shootout 2015
The Northern California Underwater Photographic Society is calling for entries to the 2015 Monterey Shootout. The event is being held from 7 to 9 August and registration is now only $25. This entry fee grants entry into the competition as well as its associated cocktail party and seminars.
Video: Turtle chases divers
Kenko offers new teleconverters for Canon EF lenses
RED software update version 6 adds still capture
- Issue 14 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available to download (via )
- Sea Lions of the Galapagos Islands (via )
- How deep can fish swim? (via )
- Over underwater photographs in a tank (via )
- RED Dragon sensor outperforms Nikon D800e in DxO tests (via )
- March issue of DIVE magazine is now available (via )
- Issue 77 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- Underwater photography tips from Outside magazine (via )
- Video: Amateur photographer tracks the decline in mirrorless… (via )
- New suit allows diving to 1,000 feet (305m) (via )