Video: The Great Blue by Howard Hall
Video: Endless Blue by Joe Romeiro
Joe Romeiro of 333 Productions has posted some stunning footage of blue sharks (Prionace glauca) filmed in Rhode Island. He has now done several night shoots with the blues, the sharks are very interested by the lights and the camera electronics so it is not something he would recommend!
Hack allows Sony F5 to record 4K internally
Alert Diver seeks votes for its cover image
The fall edition of Alert Diver magazine will feature a portfolio of images from the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week. To celebrate this, the magazine is seeking readers to vote for their choice of cover image. The two images chosen are either of a Nassau Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) from San Salvador, or spotted dolphins (Stenella attenuata) from Bimini. Please head on over to Alert Diver online to vote for your favorite.
Report: NUPG Splash-In 2014
Video: Mucky Secrets by Nick Hope
Wetpixel member Nick Hope of Bubblevision has posted his amazing 90 minute film about the macro life of Lembeh Straits. Previously released as episodes, Nick explores the amazing range of weird and wonderful creatures that make the Lembeh Strait a hot spot for marine biodiversity and a unique muck diving destination.
Olympus announces the E-PL7 camera
Olympus has announced the PEN E-PL7 mirrorless camera. It features a 16.05 megapixel Live MOS sensor with a TruePic VII image processor and 3 axis stabilization. It has an ISO range of 200 to 25600 and a new 81 point contrast detection AF system. Olympus will also produce the PT-EP12 underwater housing for the camera.
How deep can humans go underwater?
- New hammerhead shark species discovered (via )
- Summer issue of Alert Diver now available (via )
- First shark fin citation given to Chicago restaurant (via )
- European algae biofuel project moves forward (via )
- Dead dolphins washing ashore on east coast (via )
- EOS 70D preview and images (via )
- Hunting octopus on Scuba banned in Puget sound (via )
- Shark Week: Good or Bad for Sharks? (via )
- Fracking offshore and underwater now too? (via )
- Yes, it is Shark Week (via )