Nauticam announces housing for Sony RX100 III
Nauticam has announced the imminent release of their housing for the Sony DSC RX100 III compact camera. It features the Nauticam vacuum system electronics and two bulkheads. Strobe triggering is available via fiber optic cable.
Video: Curious octopus removes piece of underwater camera
Underwater photographer Joe Kistel was diving off Jacksonfille, Florida for the nonprofit artificial reef organization TISIRI on July 6th when he found a curious octopus. The octopus was so curious in fact that it came right up to the camera and disassembled a key piece of the underwater housing.
Anchovy school near Scripps pier in San Diego
The largest school of anchovy, that scientists have seen in more than three decades, formed off La Jolla Shores in San Diego, California last week. Scientists are unsure why the anchovy are schooling in such large numbers this year.
Video: RED Dragon underwater
Video: Schooling sharks in Fakarava
Wetpixel publisher Eric Cheng has posted some stunning footage of schooling grey reef sharks (Carcharhinus amblyrhynchos) at Fakarava’s south pass (Tomakohua) in French Polynesia. As it was shot with a Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera in CinemaDNG RAW format at 24fps, the colour correction and conversion was carried out in Lightroom.
Ikelite announces housing for RX100 III
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Sony RX100 III. It features access to both front and rear control dials, which are critical for using the camera in manual mode. The front control ring is gear driven, making for easy access to the dial. The housing features dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering.
Final call: SDUFEX 2014
Nikon releases NX-D image processing software
- Lenstag looks to put an end to camera theft (via )
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )
- Photo of the day is a split shot of manatees (via )
- Video of deepest diving pool on earth (via )
- Sony RX1R review: “Better than medium format” (via )
- Firmware updates for Panasonic GH3 and G5 (via )
- Great White Shark federal status controversial (via )
- National Wildlife 2013 photo contest open for entries (via )
- Photo of Caimans at night in Brazil (via )