New simulator apps for RED cameras
Kris Prygrocki has released two new apps to help people get to grips with the menus and settings on RED Digital Cinema cameras. Donna offers a simulation of all camera setting and menus (including Weapon and to be upgraded to include Raven). Dragon Scales catalogs the maximum frame rates and resolutions for each of RED’s cameras.
New guide to Grand Cayman launched
Author and photographer Steve Rosenberg, in conjunction with Greg Bassett, is releasing a new guide to travel and diving in Grand Cayman. The eBook features information on 75 dive sites as well as general information on vacationing on the island, with over 350 images.
Oasis Photo Contest calls for entries
Borneo from Below: Turtle Rodeo
The first documented manta ray nursery in southeast asia
Through a manta ray tagging program, scientists have recently confirmed the location of a manta ray nursery in southeast asia’s Wayag Lagoon of Raja Ampat. Conservation International, the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, the Indonesian Institute of Sciences, S.E.A. Aquarium, and Manta Trust have been fitting manta rays in southeast asia with satellite tags since 2014. They are just now learning the secrets of the manta rays of this area.
Earth Touch: Orca launches harbor seal
KNECT releases dome port for GoPro
KNECT has released the KSD6 6” dome port for GoPro 3+ and 4 cameras. The semi-hemispherical acrylic dome accessory increases the camera’s FOV by over 30% and it will focus nearly 50% closer. The dome is rated to 135 feet and can be attached simply to the GoPro housing and allows access to the cameras controls
Show report: Dive 2015
The Dive Show is the UK’s largest and busiest consumer dive show and attracts a wide audience of participants and exhibitors from the UK and beyond. It was held from 24 and 25 October at the National Exhibition Center, Birmingham, UK. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon was on hand to try and bring the show to those that couldn’t be there.
- 103-year old orca spotted in wild (via )
- Major firmware update for Nikon D800/800e (via )
- NG photo of the day by Thomas Bannenberg (via )
- Rare megamouth shark caught off Japan (via )
- OnOne offers Perfect Effects 8 for free (via )
- How to edit underwater images…. (via )
- X-Ray magazine issue 60 available to download (via )
- Wolffish by David Doubilet NG photo of the day (via )
- Underwater Photography magazine issue 78 is available (via )
- Blue footed booby population declines in Galapagos (via )