Aquatica releases the A1D-C/X housing for the EOS-1D C and 1D X
Aquatica has released details of their A1D-C/X housing for the Canon EOS-1D C and 1D X cameras. It features a redesigned zoom/focus gear and is shipping with the company’s pressure leak detection “check” circuitry. In addition, it has 5 bulkheads, two of which are occupied with Nikonos or Ikelite connectors as standard.
Australia’s Greg Hunt approves shark cull
Australia’s federal environment minister, Greg Hunt, has approved plans to cull sharks off the west coast of Australia citing an exemption under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act. The decision comes amid public protests and international opposition.
10 Bar announces new arms
10 Bar has announced that they are releasing a series of flotation arms and camera stays. They feature either high density foam or an air space that is equipped with a valve. The latter means that they can be water filled to achieve neutral buoyancy if the camera rig is too positive.
Video: Underground 2013
Ikelite launches GoPro accessories
Ikelite has launched a series of accessories for GoPro cameras. Included in the new range are a Steady Tray, Pistol Grip, Handles, a kit for mounting a GoPro on an SLR housing, a quick-release kit and a kit that supplies everything needed to mount two Ikelite Gamma lights on a Steady Tray.
Anti leak absorbent sachets for GoPro cameras available
Leak Insure has announced that they are producing special desiccant sachets designed for use with GoPro housings. These are thin enough to fit in Go Pro housing and are made from a new paper and desiccant laminate that can also help absorb any moisture that occurs after minor floods.
Image: Hammerhead by John Chapa
John Chapa shared this outstanding image of a Hammerhead shark on Facebook. Here he tells us how he got the shot:
Cave diving in Russia
- Google updates image search for licenses (via )
- Battle between squid and owlfish (via )
- More Nikon D4s images (via )
- Great whites live twice as long as originally though (via )
- New study highlights fluorescence in fish (via )
- Canon updates EOS-1D X firmware (via )
- Underwater images of synchronized swimmers (via )
- LaCie announces 4K external hard drive (via )
- Underwater polar bear by Paul Souders (via )
- First bluefin tuna sold in Japan in 2014 goes for 70k (via )