Video: Koh Racha Noi by Earth Touch
New web series: Borneo from Below
SDUFEX deadline for entries is August 10
Outdoor Photographer of the Year is now open for entries
The Outdoor Photographer of the Year photography competition is now open for entries. The competition is hosted by Outdoor Photography magazine as well as Fjällräven and will feature a grand prize of a spot on the Fjällräven Polar dog sled expedition to the Arctic in spring 2016.
Video: The Edge by Steer Films
Steer Films has published a short film entitled “The Edge” on Vimeo profiling Wetpixel members Joe Romeiro and Bill Fisher. It describes their fascination with sharks and how they teamed up to form 333 Productions and produce films that help aid in the conservation of sharks and the marine environment.
UN passes resolution aiming to reduce wildlife crime
The United Nations General Assembly has passed a resolution urging member states to do more to tackle the illicit trafficking of wildlife, and provides a international legal framework to allow for the “prevention, investigation and prosecution of offences” and for “treating certain wildlife offences as a serious crimes.”
Inon announces X-2 housing for EOS 6D
Inon has announced a new version of their X-2 housing for the Canon EOS 6D. It features an ergonomic design and full compatibility with Inon’s existing lens port system. The X-2 series are made from cast aluminum, rather than machined, which gives weight savings and the ability to mould metal into curved shapes.
Behind the Shot: Sergio Riccardo
- Issue 77 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- Underwater photography tips from Outside magazine (via )
- Video: Amateur photographer tracks the decline in mirrorless… (via )
- New suit allows diving to 1,000 feet (305m) (via )
- Best UW compact cameras 2014 (via )
- Bloomberg’s Vibrant Oceans invests 53M (via )
- Full contact whale watching (via )
- Chilean fossil whale graveyard explained (via BBC)
- Australian divers rescue shark (via )
- Ancient uw forest to become marine sanctuary (via )