Techart announces AF converter for MF lenses
Techart has launched a converter that allows the use of lenses without a focusing motor to be autofocused. Initially for Leica M lenses on Sony e mount cameras, the Techart Pro has a motor moves the lens’s focal plane away from or towards the subject. The amount of movement is controlled by the camera’s autofocus control.
Borneo from Below: Episode 26
This week features episode 26 of Borneo from Below and Borneo’s answer to Lembeh Strait. The Semporna Straits are mucky and heavy with boat traffic, but boast some of the best critter diving around Borneo. Semporna is an underwater photographers dream of small fish, nudibranchs, flamboyant cuttlefish, sea snakes and more.
Europe’s first underwater sculpture garden in place
Jason deCaires Taylor, known for his underwater sculptures, has unveiled his latest project off Lanzarote in Europe. The sculptures, which are casts of real people, feature refugees, and figures walking towards a fence, not paying attention. The pieces are collectively known as the Rubicon installation.
Video: Feather Duster Worms Emerge
In Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel, Mark Thorpe has captured some lovely footage of feather duster worms (Sabellidae sp.) emerging from their tubes in order to feed. The worms have a plume of feeding appendages known as radioles that capture plankton in the water around the animal.
Bull Sharks of Jupiter by Alan Egan
Mini tutorial: Lightroom Auto Advance
Adobe’s Lightroom Coffee Breaks mini tutorial series has featured an episode about “Rating Photos with Auto Advance”. If the caps lock key is on while adding star ratings, color labels or flags, the app auto advances through the images in the selected folder.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wishing all the members of the Wetpixel community that celebrate the lunar New Year a very happy year of the monkey! We hope that you have prosperity and lots of amazing, safe underwater encounters over the next year.
Final Call: Our World Underwater 2016
The deadline for entries to the 2016 Our World Underwater contest is here! All entries need to be in by today, 6 February at 11:59PM PST. In case you aren’t aware, the Our World Underwater contest is the first part of the Underwater Imaging series, which offers up $100K in total prizes. This year’s Our World Underwater contest also offers a $1,000 cash prize to the “Best in Show” winner.
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )
- Issue 79 of Underwater Photography magazine available to download (via )
- Issue 61 of X-Ray magazine available to download (via )