Lecture: Eric Cheng and Hidden Ocean Worlds
Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng delivered a lecture entitled “Hidden Ocean Worlds” to the CreativeMornings community, Los Angeles on March 28, 2014. CreativeMornings “is a breakfast lecture series for the creative community.” In his lecture, Eric talks about “sharks, jellies, and tiny, bizarre critters.”
Final call: NCUPS contests 2014
The Northern California Underwater Photographic Society (NCUPS) is making a final call for entries to the SEA International Underwater Photo and Video Competition and the Bob Commer Award of Excellence in Underwater Photography. The deadline for entries is 30 June.
Interview with Benjamin Von Wong
Video: Rare all white humpback whale spotted
The albino humpback whale, nicknamed “Migaloo”, was spotted on June 19th off the Green Cape in New South Wales, Australia. The whale has been spotted before and is believed to be approximately 26 to 28 years old.
Wetpixel Channel Islands 2014
Join Wetpixel Publisher Eric Cheng and professional photographer Jason Bradley for a weekend of diving and underwater photography in California’s Southern Channel Islands. We will be targeting San Clemente, Santa Barbara, and Catalina islands to dive with and photograph sea lions, California’s majestic kelp forests, and giant black sea bass.
Watch Mission 31 livefeed here
Adobe releases updates to Creative Cloud
In a release billed as being the “largest software release since CS6”, Adobe has announced updates to all 14 Creative Cloud (CC) applications. In addition, the company has released 4 new mobile apps for use on mobile devices. Lightroom has also been updated to version 5.5 and Lightroom Mobile to 1.1.
New edition of Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas fish ID book published
New World Publications has announced the release of the fourth edition of the Reef Fish Identification: Florida, Caribbean and Bahamas. The text, which also celebrates 25 years since the first publication of the book, has been heavily revised and updated with 89 new fish species being described and over 200 additional photographs included
- Sylvia Earle’s latest blog post on Huffington Post Green (via )
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )
- Chagos marine park in Indian Ocean ruled lawful (via BBC)