Nikon 10.5DX Fisheye
Rolex Our World Underwater Scholarship
Although the deadline on the promotional material says November 30, 2003, representatives at the Antibes Festival told us that the deadline has been extended. Get in touch with them soon!
Qualifications and more information can be found at: http://owuscholarship.org/
Wetpixel wins at Antibes!
Wetpixel.com has won one of the most prestigious awards in the underwater photograpy and videography community: the underwater web site of the year award at the Antibes Juan-Les-Pins 30th Festival Mondial de L’Image Sous-Marine (30th World Festival of Underwater Images). The awards ceremony last night here in the South of France was not unlike a small version of the Academy Awards, and the two-hour ceremony honored winners for underwater web sites, books, images, and films.
On behalf of Wetpixel.com, I’d like to share the Antibes 2003 award with all of you who make our site successful. This includes the small volunteer staff force who administer and moderate the site, the array of individual content contributors, the 1300+ active participants in the forum, and those of you who are just here to browse anonymously. Thank you!
- Eric Cheng, Editor and Administrator
Jim Chambers, Popular Photography Prize
HydroOptix MEGA -4.5d Mask
Antibes Festival 2003 Coverage
Visions in the Sea 2003 Report
Visions In The Sea 2003 Coverage
- Grunion run on California beaches (via )
- Japan to exceed bluefin tuna quota two months early (via )
- SwellPro waterproof drone that also floats and films underwater (via )
- Attenborough’s public opposition halts bridge in Borneo (via )
- New video about the BVI artificial reef (via )
- Scientists find live giant shipworm, the unicorn of mollusks (via )
- Fairy shrimp may be underfoot (via )
- Dead sharks washing up on San Francisco bay area shorelines (via )
- New sieve turns seawater into drinking water (via )
- Apple updates Motion to 5.3.2 and Compressor to 4.3.2 (via )