Anima Mundi Issue 22 Available
RED WEAPON Underwater
RED Digital Cinema’s Sean Ruggeri and Nate Heartt have been testing the 6K RED WEAPON camera and the RED Optical Low Pass Filter underwater underwater in Cozumel, Mexico. The camera was housed in Gates DEEP Dragon housing.
Color Grading Tutorial using DaVinci Resolve
Color Correction with the Sony AX100 by Peter Lightowler
Peter Lightowler presents a comprehensive guide to managing color when shooting underwater with the Sony AX100 4K camcorder. Sony has, in the past been criticised for poor color rendition underwater, and Peter’s article expands in depth the techniques and tool available to correct any such issues. Although he has limited his article to the AX100, it serves as an excellent primer for anyone shooting video underwater.
Video: Earth Touch Wild Oceans
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel has a new video filmed by Mark Thorpe. It involves two frogfish, one large and the other small - who is riding atop the other. The Wild Oceans channel team has a question for the underwater community.
Issue 89 of Underwater Photography Magazine is available
The March/April edition of Underwater Photography Magazine (UwP) is now available. It features interviews with the winners of UPY 2016 and Martin Edge, the winning images of Ocean Art 2016, Alex Mustard talks about his new book, ideas about shooting squid by Dan Bolt, Lord Howe Island by Scott Portelli, South Africa’s KwaZulu Natal coast by Tom Burd and the sardine shoals of Moaboal.
Book release: Underwater Photography Masterclass by Alex Mustard
Wetpixel Associate Editor and well-known underwater photographer, Alex Mustard, has announced the publication of his new instructional book. Alex’s aim with Underwater Photography Masterclass is not only to detail techniques that should improve images, but to also contribute to the reader’s understanding of how those techniques work. Alex promises that the book is “packed with techniques, tips and ideas”.
Behind the Shot: The sheep family
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.6 (via )
- Announcing Fit Diver magazine (via )
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )