Ikelite announces housing for RX100 III
Ikelite has announced their new housing for the Sony RX100 III. It features access to both front and rear control dials, which are critical for using the camera in manual mode. The front control ring is gear driven, making for easy access to the dial. The housing features dual fiber optic ports for strobe triggering.
Final call: SDUFEX 2014
Nikon releases NX-D image processing software
Video: Behind the scenes fashion with Alex Mustard
Wetpixel Ultimate Tiger Sharks 2015
After a hiatus of a few years, Wetpixel will be returning to photograph and dive with the amazing shark populations of the Bahamas from 4 to 10 January 2015. The trip is designed to maximise time and to get great images of the tiger sharks (Galeocerdo cuvier) of the famous Tiger Beach. Places are strictly limited, so please don’t delay getting in contact.
5-acre underwater dive park planned for Dubai
Plans for The Pearl of Dubai, a five-acre underwater park, have been announced. The underwater park is being billed as the largest sustainable underwater tourism site. The goal for the “green” development is to attract swimmers, snorkelers, scuba divers and marine life to the underwater artificial reef structures.The plans for the underwater development were inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean and Avatar films.
Mission 31: Time Magazine presents live Twitter Q&A
Time Magazine are hosting a live Twitter question and answer session at 2 pm US Eastern Standard Time today discussing the 360° Hero video set up that they used to capture the interactive video they recently published video about Fabien Cousteaus’s Mission 31 project. The video “takes readers on a virtual scuba dive around Aquarius, the world’s only habitable underwater science lab, with Fabien Cousteau and some of the aquanauts from Mission 31.”
Lightroom to be available after subscriptions lapse
Tom Hogarty of Adobe has announced that users will have access to their images via Lightroom even if their Creative Cloud subscriptions lapse. From version 5.5 onwards, they will lose the Develop and Map functionality, but retain access and functionality in all the other modules.
- UW photos of Bryde’s whale in full balloon mode (via )
- Coca Rocha talks about using moving cinemagraphs (via )
- David duChemin on being more creative (via )
- The Daily Mail features the results of DEEP Indonesia (via )
- Windows adds raw support for 22 cameras (via )
- Apple updates its Digital Camera Raw compatibility to 4.06 (via )
- Olympus releases firmware updates for OMD and PEN cameras (via )
- Brunei institutes Asia’s first nationwide shark fin ban (via )
- Chagos marine park in Indian Ocean ruled lawful (via BBC)
- Bioluminescent sand Avatar in real life (via )