UW Technics announces external TTL converter
UW Technics has announced their external TTL controller for Nikon. Compatible will all Nikon cameras and available with optical or electronic output, it is attached via any M14 housing port. It is compatible with Z-240, YS-250, DS-161, YS-D1, YS-D2 and strobes.
Master Wildlife Filmmaking podcast features Howard and Michelle Hall
Show Report: BOOT 2017
Wetpixel reports from the BOOT Show, Düsseldorf. Held over 10 days, it is the biggest water sports show in the world. Exhibits range from super yachts to surfboards and tucked away amongst this is scuba diving and underwater imaging. Wetpixel were able to attend the show this year and have presented this report for those that could not be there.
Happy Lunar New Year
Wetpixel would like to wish all those that are celebrating it a very happy Lunar New Year. We hope that the year of the rooster brings good health, wealth prosperity and amazing diving in beautiful places! May your celebration be spectacular too.
A tour of Jason deCaires Taylor’s Canary Island museum
Underwater sculptor, Jason deCaires Taylor, gives some insight into his underwater museum, Museo Atlantico, that was placed off the island of Lanzarote in the Canary Islands one year ago. The sculptor garden of approximately 200 human forms is placed 46-feet underwater. The pieces represent the European migrant crisis among other current subjects.
Nauticam ships housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II
Nauticam are shipping their housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II. It has integrated handle and a shutter release lever that is located on the housing body. It also features a thumb lever for AF and relocated rear buttons to allow for better control.
CineBags Underwater releases port cases
70 percent of Japan’s largest coral reef has died
Japan’s largest coral reef is dying due to rising sea temperatures. Over 90 percent of corals on Japan’s Sekiseishoko reef in the Ryukyu Islands, near Okinawa, have some bleaching and 70 percent of the corals have died overall. The reef was surveyed in November and December by Japan’s Environment ministry. The bleaching is the worst in the recorded history of the reef and is due to rising sea temperatures.
- Microsoft unveils image composite editor v2.0 (via )
- Photos for Mac that will replace Aperture and iPhoto (via )
- Divers discover underwater forest off coast of Britain (via )
- An underwater portrait shoot with kayaker Viktoria Wolffhardt (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 11.2 (via )
- Basking shark seen for first time in Indonesia (via )
- A drone that films just under the water line (via )
- Small underwater shelters show impressive creature diversity (via )
- NG Wild to Inspire wildlife film contest (via )
- Freighter ship runs aground in Galapagos (via )