Teaser Trailer for Of Shark and Man
A teaser trailer for the full length documentary Of Shark and Man by David Diley. The film will uncover the inspiring untold story of Shark Reef in Fiji, one of the greatest conservation successes of recent times, where a dead reef was brought back to life by the return of its sharks.
Special offer: Creative Cloud for Photographers
Adobe has announced that between now and 2 December 2013, it will relax its requirement that a user must own a copy of the Creative Suite in order to have access to its $9.99/month Creative Cloud for Photographer package.
Gates releases housing for Sony Z100
Gates Underwater Products has released details of their new housing for the Sony Z100 4K professional camera. It features full access to controls via their signature mechanical controls, including manual focus, iris and white balance. Buoyancy and trim can be adjusted via the use of trim weights, and the housing can be outfitted with an HD-SDI surface feed.
Image: Steve Rosenberg’s juvenile loggerhead
Dive Galapagos eBook released
Dive Galapagos is an informative new eBook by Steve Rosenberg with detailed descriptions of all of the dive sites in the Galapagos, as well as lots of information about land tours, the wildlife and practical advice for planning a dive trip. The book features over 250 images and a selection of maps, and is a must have for anyone who is planning to dive in the Galapagos.
Preview: Panasonic Lumix GX7 underwater
Peter Rowlands, editor of UwP magazine, kindly offers us his thoughts and insights about the new Panasonic GX7’s underwater performance. During the DEMA show earlier this month, Nauticam were able to supply him with a prototype housing and he spent a day at Crystal River with the camera and housing.
Coming soon: Nikon vs Canon Underwater Shootout
Wetpixel’s photo pros will take underwater camera testing to new depths with the exclusive Nikon vs Canon Underwater Shootout. The review will be the definitive side by side comparative test of the Nikon and Canon SLRs. Probably the most important review an underwater photographer will ever read!
Final call: Wetpixel South Komodo Expedition
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 (via )
- Yet more Nikon firmware updates: D3, D4, D7000, D3X, D3S and… (via )
- Lenovo releases monitor which displays 99% of Adobe RGB gamut (via )
- Nikon also updates D600 firmware to 1.01 (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version A1.01 for D800/D800E SLRs (via )
- UK government dilutes marine protection due to cash shortage (via BBC)
- Amazing gyro-stabilized 4K aerial footage from Teton Gravity (via )
- DIVE Magazine releases its free April digital issue (via )
- Underwater photography ban in Sipadan not confirmed yet (via )
- Indonesian government plans shark and manta fishing ban (via )