Inon lists compatibility with Olympus OM-D E-M1
Inon has listed its products that are compatible with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera and PT-EP11 housing. These include accessories for strobe triggering via fiber optic, a variety of wet macro lenses, the Inon micro fisheye lens, a dome port, a macro port and a variety of grip base mounts.
Gates shows their SWP44 super wide port
Gates Underwater Products has released images of their Z100 housing with its SWP44C super wide port and EM50 external monitor. If you’re attending NAB the Z100/SWP44/EM50 will be on display at the Sony booth C11001.
Nauticam unveils their NA-A5000 housing
Nauticam has announced details of their housing for the Sony A5000 mirrorless camera. The housing provides access to the camera’s power zoom lever, giving lens zoom function without lens rings. Other features include the port lock lever from the E-M1 housing and built-in vacuum leak detection system.
Underwater wheelchair artist Sue Austin
Underwater artist Sue Austin is bound to a wheelchair on land, but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring the world underwater. With a specially modified wheelchair named “Portal” she has created some stunning underwater images that fight the stigma towards physically handicapped people.
Update: Housing compatibility for Panasonic LUMIX GH4
DeeDee Flores of Samy’s Camera has written in to inform us that:
“The Panasonic GH-4 camera fits inside the Nauticam GH-3 housing with full functionality.”
This is great news for LUMIX DMC GH-3 owners looking to upgrade to the 4K performance of the DMC GH-4. It is likely, although not definite, that other GH-3 housings will work with the GH-4 too.
Aditech releases housing for the Sony AX100
Aditech has announced the availability of their Mangrove housing for the Sony FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900 4K cameras. The MVHS-AX100 uses 12 electromagnetic push buttons to control the camera via LANC. The housing also incorporates a rear mounted 3.5” High–Resolution TFT LCD monitor or an optional 3.5” AUO 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
Canon announces the XF205 and XF200 camcorders
Canon has announced two new compact pro camcorders. The XF205 and XF 200 both offer HD video in MXF and MP4 formats and manual control of focus, zoom and iris.
A freediving underwater video with a dog
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )
- New nudibranch, crinoid and amphipods discovered in Madang… (via )
- Lundy Island, UK hosts splash-in photographic contest (via )
- NHK and Mitsubishi develop H.265 encoder for 8K video (via )
- Tony Wu’s blog on capturing the red snapper spawning… (via )
- Spring issue of Alert Diver available now (via )
- Tony Wu’s sea lion shots are cute overload (via )
- U.S. to protect endangered Loggerhead habitat (via )
- 20 Florida manatees want you to adopt them (via )