Light & Motion shows prototype Tetra 5060 housing
DPreview.com Reviews the Kodak ProSLRc
"Get it right, shoot RAW, good light, low to medium ISO's and be careful about the development of your RAW images and you really can get some mind-blowing good resolution with rewarding image quality attributes (good dynamic range, good color). That's just where the SLR/c fits in, it's certainly not a camera for everyone, it's not a point and shoot digital SLR, it's a camera for enthusiasts who are ready to work around its quirks and utilize it as a photographic tool."
New Article Posted - Choosing the Best Media Card for Your Camera
Underwater Housing for Fuji F710 Widescreen
Digital Media Cards Compared
Wetpixel March/April Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of our first Wetpixel official photo contest! All of us were very impressed with the caliber of the submissions, and chosing the winners was not an easy task! See the winning entries here.
1st Place: "Loving Leafies" by Dave Harasti (Dave H)
2nd Place: "WWII Corsair Airplane" by (lidde)
3rd Place: "The thing" by Dany Weinberg (BIKO)
Hon Mention: "Free climbing" by Francesco Visintin (france_vis)
Winners are chosen by our world-renowned jury of photographers and will receive prizes from our contest sponsors: Aquatica, Pictopia, Ikelite, Gates Housings, Ultralight Control Systems, Marine Camera Distributors, INON America, and Fathoms.
Be sure to enter our official May/June 2004 photo contest, which will be accepting entries until the end of this month.
Celebrate the Sea/Wetpixel Contest
Nikon: exit from compact film cameras?
Excerpt from "Nikon Boosts Digital Cameras, Eyes Exit from Film":
"Canon and Nikon control nearly all of the nascent digital SLR market. They are also the leading makers of film SLRs, but demand is declining due to a rapid switch to digital models.
"Kimura said Nikon had no plans to stop producing film SLRs, but that it may next year start considering pulling out of the film compact camera business due to a sharp plunge in demand.
"'There is still the matter of timing, but eventually we will have to dissolve [the film] business," Kimura said. 'There really is no region in the world where you can do good business in compact film cameras anymore.'"
- Nikon updates firmware for Df, D810, D610 and Coolpix cameras (via )
- Nikon updates firmware for D850, D750, D500, D7500, D7200,… (via )
- Canon releases service advisory for EOS 70D (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for GH5, GH5s and G9 cameras (via )
- Nikon releases firmware version 1.30 for D5 camera (via )
- Plastic bag found at the bottom of the Mariana trench (via )
- A closer look at the taxidermy anteater photo (via )
- Photo of an osprey with a shark with a fish (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom Classic to 7.3.1 (via )
- Sony updates a7 Mark III firmware to 1.01 (via )