New app helps find airport wifi
As underwater image makers, we tend to spend more than our fair share of our lives marooned in transit. Often, part of this is spent trying to be productive by getting online. A new app, WiFox created by travel blogger Anil Polat provides a crowd sourced list of free wifi networks in airports worldwide to assist with this.
Aquatica announces housing for EOS 5D Mark IV
Aquatica has released details of their forthcoming housing for the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV camera. The A5DMk IV has improved ergonomics, with the “SET” button being repositioned and a new button added for the AF Area control. Strobe triggering can be via optional Ikelite TTL control (with Ike strobes) and the housing supports Aquatica’s port range.
Adidas releases shoe made from ocean plastic
Adidas and Parley for the Oceans have teamed up to produce a shoe made from recycled ocean plastic. 7,000 pairs will be manufactured and sold for an MSRP of $220 in the first initial batch this November. The plastic is collected from the waters surrounding the Maldives and 95 percent of the upper will be made from the recycled ocean plastic.
TRT-Electronics releases the Turtle TTL strobe trigger
Trt-Electronics has launched the Turtle TTL strobe trigger. According to the manufacturer it is the world’s smallest hotshoe mounted full-featured TTL rechargeable electronic strobe trigger. It is available for Nikon and Canon camera and adds the option of rear curtain sync to older Canon models.
The Azores with Nikon’s D500 by Don Silcock
Issue 93 of Underwater Photography magazine available
Underwater Photography (UwP) magazine issue 93 is now available to download. The November December issue features articles about the Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest results, shark photography and ramblings in the UK’s South West. Reviewed equipment includes the Cinebags CB70, Nauticam NA-GX85, i-Divesite Symbiosis and the Canon 8-15mm EF lens.
Last chance to enter the National Geographic Photographer of the Year contest
Final entries into the National Geographic Photographer of the Year 2016 competition will be accepted until 12pm ET tomorrow (November 4). There are four categories (animal portraits, landscape, action, and environmental issues) that will have three (3) winners each. Grand Prize is a 10-day trip for two to the Galapagos Islands.
Coconut Octopus in the Daily Mail
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )
- Steve-O cited for Sea World sign prank (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.1.4 (via )
- Issue 17 of Anima Mundi magazine is now available for download (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 5.7 and Camera RAW 8.7 (via )
- Apple updates Camera RAW compatibility to 6.1 (via )
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )