Tutorial: Lightroom 5 visualize spots feature
Freediving underwater photos
Reminder: Our World Underwater competition 2014
The Our World Underwater competition 2014, run jointly by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, is calling for entries. There are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash for the winner. The deadline for entries is 2 February, so please don’t delay.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 2
Douglas Seifert’s second instalment from the field. Perhaps typically, Douglas’s Jetties of Souther Australia trip has again been led astray. Having spent some time diving with great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias), the trip has gone on to dive with a large group of Australian sea lions (Neophoca cinerea). We are hoping that Douglas will avoid further detours and will be diving on some jetties in the next instalment!
New species of river dolphin discovered in Brazil
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 1
Long time underwater photographer and writer Douglas Seifert shares anecdotes, thoughts and images as he travels and dives along the South Australian coast. The aim of the trip started out being a macro photography one, but Douglas and his group seem to have got somewhat sidetracked by great white sharks. Douglas will be updating his “Field Notes” as his trip progressed, so please check back to see the latest instalment.
Scubazoo publishes book on Sabah
Scubazoo, based at Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, has just published a new book entitled “Sensational Seas of Sabah.” The book features 300 images of marine life and seascapes arranged on the form of a journey from Tiga Island in the south west to Sipadan in the south.
Aquatica releases the A1D-C/X housing for the EOS-1D C and 1D X
Aquatica has released details of their A1D-C/X housing for the Canon EOS-1D C and 1D X cameras. It features a redesigned zoom/focus gear and is shipping with the company’s pressure leak detection “check” circuitry. In addition, it has 5 bulkheads, two of which are occupied with Nikonos or Ikelite connectors as standard.
- Australia takes Japan to international court over whaling (via BBC)
- Philippines charges Chinese fishermen over reef crash (via BBC)
- Another photo of a two headed shark surfaces (via )
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )
- Avatar sequels to feature “underwater motion… (via )
- RED details Scarlet upgrade and trade-in packages (via )
- Manatee death rate at all time high due to toxic bloom (via )
- Sony expands XAVC format for pro and consumer use (via )
- Panasonic releases the DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera (via )