Wetpixel wins at Antibes!
Wetpixel.com has won one of the most prestigious awards in the underwater photograpy and videography community: the underwater web site of the year award at the Antibes Juan-Les-Pins 30th Festival Mondial de L’Image Sous-Marine (30th World Festival of Underwater Images). The awards ceremony last night here in the South of France was not unlike a small version of the Academy Awards, and the two-hour ceremony honored winners for underwater web sites, books, images, and films.
On behalf of Wetpixel.com, I’d like to share the Antibes 2003 award with all of you who make our site successful. This includes the small volunteer staff force who administer and moderate the site, the array of individual content contributors, the 1300+ active participants in the forum, and those of you who are just here to browse anonymously. Thank you!
- Eric Cheng, Editor and Administrator
Jim Chambers, Popular Photography Prize
HydroOptix MEGA -4.5d Mask
Antibes Festival 2003 Coverage
Visions in the Sea 2003 Report
Visions In The Sea 2003 Coverage
Ikelite 300D Digital Rebel Housing - Preproduction
Ikelite’s Canon EOS Digital Rebel Housing
Excerpt:The Canon Digital Rebel was fairly easy to learn with the manual in hand. Even this Nikon D100 user (but a previous EOS film SLR user) was able to figure out which buttons did what. The body is light without feeling cheap. The camera features good ergonomics, both the settings display and review LCD screen are located right below the eyepiece for easy viewing. The settings display can be illuminated underwater with the press of a button, which is very nice for night dives [read the review]
- Nikon updates D800 firmware to version 1.11 (via )
- A $3 million camera (via )
- The ocean’s most efficient jet engine is the chambered… (via )
- Nikon updates Capture NX-D to version 1.4.7 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 Distortion Control Data to Version 2.017 (via )
- Nikon updates D500 “C” firmware to version 1.14 (via )
- New population of world’s rarest fish found of Tasmania (via )
- Cuttlefish, master of camouflage, reveals a new trick (via )
- Insecto photographers seeks millions of dollars from pest… (via )
- Google removes “view image” button in image search to protect… (via )