Image: A huge black and white dolphin by Franco Banfi
Video: Finisterra by Erick Higuera
Canon announces the XC10 video and still camera
Canon has announced the XC10 “video and stills” camera. It is capable of UHD 4K footage onto an internal CFast card at 305Mbps. It has a 1” sensor which is also capable of producing 12 MP stills. In addition, Canon has also introduced the XF-AVC codec, with color at 4.2.2.
Tutorial: Autofocus issues
Steve Perry of Backcountry Gallery has posted a tutorial on troubleshooting problems with autofocus. The 14 minute video covers issues with lens calibration, dirty AF sensors, wrong AF modes, AF guide inaccuracy, heat refraction, using the wrong AF point, dirty lens contacts, and poor technique.
The underwater view of icebergs in Greenland
Underwater photographer Tobias Friedrich has captured a series of spectacular images showcasing the beauty of icebergs below the surface. The images were photographed in Tasiilaq Fjord in East Greenland and illustrate the enormity of icebergs that lurk hidden below the surface.
Video: Colorful clownfish hide out in anemone fish home
Earth Touch’s Wild Oceans channel has posted a new video. This week the video features clownfish hiding out and swimming around in their host anemone. The video was filmed by Stewart Whitfield.
Come to the Wetpixel/Scubacam ADEX party
Wetpixel and Scubacam are hosting their annual imaging party at ADEX. Thanks to the ADEX organizers, we plan to keep the party going after the official ADEX Speaker’s Party on Friday, 15 April at Saint Ma at Indochine, Suntec City from 21:30 till late. The imaging party will start at 21:30 and carry on till late. No invitations are necessary, simply turn up. We look forward to seeing everyone at the party. Remember that what goes on at ADEX…is reported on Wetpixel!
Blackmagic Design Fusion 8 available
Blackmagic Design has announced the release of Fusion 8 and Fusion 8 Studio visual effects and motion graphics software. This version is compatible with Windows and Mac and features a redesigned interface. The apps allow user to “pull keys, track objects, rotoscope, retouch images, animate titles, create amazing particle effects and much more, all in a true 3D workspace”.
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )
- New TSA rules require batteries to be charged before flights (via )
- Issue 79 of Underwater Photography magazine available to download (via )
- Issue 61 of X-Ray magazine available to download (via )
- Fish are smart and feel pain (via )