Ikelite ships housing for Sony a6500
Firmware updates allows 4K 60P with Shogun Inferno and GH5
Atomos has just released a firmware update for their Shogun Inferno. Version 8.11 allows for 4K 60P 10-bit 4:2:2 external recording with the Panasonic GH5. News Shooter reports that this gives the combination “high-bitrate Apple ProRes recording at a better bit depth and frame rate than any other mirrorless competitor.”
Diver encounters 10 critically endangered sawfish off Florida coast
Earth Touch News has released a video filmed by diver John Dickinson. The remarkable thing about Dickinson’s video is that is shows the ten sawfish he came across in two different locations of Florida’s Jupiter inlet. The sawfish are a critically endangered shark, and to see that number of them in the span of two locations in quite remarkable.
Tamron announces 10-24mm f3.5-4.5 lens
Beyonce announces second pregnancy to the world with underwater photographs
Beyonce, American singer, songwriter and actress, announced her latest pregnancy of twins with a photography album of images that was underwater photography centric. The initial image that was released, although not underwater, was the most liked image on Instagram ever. Although the underwater maternity images are not the most technically impressive photographs, they have certainly brought attention to a under appreciated medium of maternity photography.
Final call: Our World Underwater 2017
The deadline for entries to the 2017 Our World Underwater Underwater Imaging contest (OWU) is now very close. All entries have to submitted by 11:59 PST tonight. Please upload you best images onto the contest’s website as soon as you can!
RIP Rob Stewart
After an intensive search, Rob Stewart’s body was found by an ROV close to the wreck that he and his team was diving on late on Friday afternoon. The Wetpixel communities hearts are heavy today and our thoughts and prayers go out to his many friends and family.
Paper quantifies benefits of shark diving to Bahamas economy
- Adobe updates Lightroom to 5.7.1 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera RAW version 8.7.1 (via )
- The story of an underwater ballroom, a swindler and death by… (via )
- Biodegradable fishing nets with tracking devices to cut down on… (via )
- Sony’s underwater store is 12 feet deep (via )
- The Olympus E-M5 II will use same sensor as predecessor (via )
- Freediver catches 70 pound lobster, names him Albert Girther,… (via )
- Documentary follows the film restoration of JAWS (via )
- High ISO Comparison: Nikon D750 Vs. D810 Vs. 7D Mark II Vs. 5D… (via )
- A day in the life of underwater photographers Tina Terras and… (via )