Fantasea announces their housing for the Canon G16
Fantasea has announced their new housing for the Canon Powershot G16 compact camera. Unlike the canon housing for the same, the FG16 provides full access to all camera controls. It is also supplied with a double fiber optic port and a moisture detector as standard.
Nauticam debuts their housing for the Blackmagic Cinema camera
Nauticam has released details about their NA-BMCC housing for the Blackmagic Cinema camera that was showcased at DEMA in November. The housing gives access to the camera’s touch screen controls with important controls being placed on levers lose to the grips. The NA-BMCC can be supplied with an optional power packs and HD-SDI convertor.
Image: Isabella Maffei’s “The Jetty”
Isabella Maffei has shared a fantastic shot of batfish under a jetty in Raja Ampat on our Facebook page. Find out in her words how she got the shot!
DiveFilm Podcast: Weddell seals
DiveFilm HD Video podcast has released a new free podcast on iTunes about Antarctica’s Weddell seals (Leptonychotes weddellii), produced by Mary Lynn Price working with an Antarctica science group, B-009. The video includes some spectacular new underwater footage by musician and videographer Henry Kaiser, courtesy of Antarctica project B-470.
Review: Aquatica AD7100 housings by Tim Rock
Wetpixel member Tim Rock presents his review of the Aquatica AD7100 housing. In his review, Tim also presents a very clear argument for using the DX format for underwater use. He has largely worked around the limited write speeds of the Nikon D7100 by using high speed large capacity memory cards.
David Doubilet on the World Beneath the Surface
In a video portrait, produced by National Geographic magazine in partnership with the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill as a part of the Proof series, underwater photographer David Doubilet describes both the fact that many of the scenes that he is capturing now may not be there in two generations and that the fact that there is “always one more image” driving him to get into “trouble” again.
Video: Canon Master Darren Jew
Untitled Film Works, was invited by Canon to travel to Tonga and capture underwater photographer Darren Jew’s journey. Darren has returned to the islands many times over the years to capture iconic images of the humpback whales that congregate from July through September to court, mate and calve.
Anchovies bring Humpbacks to Monterey Bay
- Call for entries: San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition 2013 (via )
- Hugyfot releases new housings for Nikon D600 and Sony Action Cam (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )
- James Cameron’s submersible donated to Woods Hole (via BBC)
- Camera lost at sea for six years is reunited with its owner (via )