Canon launches irista
Canon has launched a cloud based image management platform called irista. It supports a wide range of image types, including RAW and has no file size limitations. A 10GB account is free and available anywhere while paid larger volume storage accounts are seemingly only available within parts of Europe
Shooting WA with multiple strobes - Clark Miller
Final call: Scuba Diving contest 2014
The 2014 Scuba Diving through the Lens contest is making its final call for entries. It has four categories, namely Macro, Divers, Wide-Angle and Behavior and the deadline is 7 June.
Coverage: Bahamas Underwater Photo Week part 3
We hope that you have been following and enjoying our coverage of the the Bahamas Underwater Photo Week so far. We have filled the first and second threads, so have decided to spit it off into another new one. If you haven’t done so already, please check out part 1 and part 2 of our coverage to date.
Call for entries: SDUFEX 2014
The 2014 San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition is calling for entries. The event will be held on 10 and 11 October at the Irwin M. Jacobs Qualcomm Hall in San Diego, California. The deadline for submissions is 15 July 2014.
Mission 31 goes live
A project entitled Mission 31 has set out today to build on Jacques-Yves Cousteau’s groundbreaking experiments in saturation and habitat exploration. Utilising the Aquarius lab, located 9 miles off the coast of Key Largo, Florida, the team, which includes Cousteau’s grandson Fabien, aims to expand Cousteau’s original Conshelf experiment by one day and at a depth 30 feet deeper than the original.
Testing RED cameras in Grand Cayman
Sean Ruggeri of RED has posted a behind the scenes video showing what the company is up to in terms of using the cameras underwater. The team were shooting test charts underwater using the following cameras: DRAGON old OLPF, DRAGON new OLPF and EPIC MX, together with some experimental filtration.
Contest: World Shootout 2014
The Eilat Red Sea shootout has teamed up with PADI and the BOOT show to launch the “Underwater Photography World Championship”. Held in conjunction with the Eilat Red Sea Shootout, individuals from a single country can band together to represent their nation, by entering a combined portfolio of 6 images. There is a prize purse of $3,000 for the winning team.
- Nikon announces 1 system 32mm f1.2 lens (via )
- Zombie worms feast on whale bones (via )
- Senegal begins marine conservation project (via BBC)
- Atmospheric CO2 reaches 400 parts per million (via BBC)
- More information about possibilities for Lightroom and the… (via )
- Call for entries: 2013 National Geographic Traveller photo… (via )
- New nudibranch, crinoid and amphipods discovered in Madang… (via )
- Lundy Island, UK hosts splash-in photographic contest (via )
- NHK and Mitsubishi develop H.265 encoder for 8K video (via )
- Tony Wu’s blog on capturing the red snapper spawning… (via )