Gates releases housing for Canon XA25
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their upcoming housing for the Canon XA25, XA20 and HGF30 camcorders. It has mechanical controls, a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD and full camera menu access via the Canon remote control.
Nauticam announces D610 compatibility
Aditech illuminates their MVS-8L12 video light
Aditech has announced the release of their new Mangrove MVS-8L12 video light. These features a new purpose designed LED module that emits 9120 lumens at a color temperature of 5000°K. The lights have a 130° beam and can run for 65 minutes at full power.
Recsea announces housing for GoPro
Recsea has announced the released the details of their housing for the GoPro Hero3 and HERO3+ POV cams. Machined from aluminum, the housing has a depth rating of 200 m (650 ft.), and is designed to accommodate an LCD or Battery BacPac.
Image: Yann Oulia’s humpback whale
Review: Nauticam Electronic Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
Vacuum leak detection systems have been very much the desired accessory for housing owners for 2013. Steve and Jeff Williams have been using an early prototype of Nauticam’s new Electronic Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System since the Wetpixel Isla Mujeres Whale Shark trip in August. This extended trial has enabled them to become familiar with the system and to comment on their experiences with it.
Aditech announces their MVHS-FS700 housing
Aditech has unveiled their new Mangrove housing for the Sony NEX-F700 and FS100 camcorders. The MVHS-FS700 features a control system that uses the camera’s LANC control. The controls are all accessed via 12 external push buttons and give user feedback via the camera’s touch screen.
Call for entries: Beneath the Sea 2014
Beneath the Sea is calling for entries for its 2014 international underwater imaging contest. Competition categories include: General/Marine Life, Green/Cold Water, Macro/Close-up, Underwater Behavior, Conservation, Novice and Creative and the deadline for entries is 31 December 2013.
- Nikon posts care instruction for Nikon 1 underwater housings (via )
- Fstoppers posts about the art of Lightroom catalog management (via )
- Adobe to stop shipping boxed software from 30 April 2013,… (via )
- Netflix expects 4K streaming within two years (via )
- Photographer lists his subject as a defendant in copyright suit (via )
- Fstoppers reviews the Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 lens (via )
- First images and specs of Canon EOS Kiss X7 SLR (via )
- A new study shows that stressed corals fluoresce less when… (via )
- New restrictions affect Hong Kong shark fin traders (via )
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )