Costa Rica pledges not to protect sharks
ICR News reports that the Costa Rican government has stated in a letter sent to environmental groups that; “it will not propose or support the inclusion of shark species with commercial interest in the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) and the Convention on Migratory Species (CMS)”.
Borneo from Below: Catsharks
Adobe provides solutions for issues with Lightroom update
Video: Wild Oceans Octopus
Pakpod launches on Kickstarter
Doubilet and Hayes to speak in Maryland
David Doubilet and Jen Hayes will be delivering their “Coral Kingdoms and Empires of Ice” lecture in Bel Air, MD on 29 October. Part of the National Geographic Live tour, the talk is about the corals of Kimbe Bay, Papua New Guinea, the ice-filled waters of Antarctica and Canada’s Gulf of St. Lawrence.
New marine reserves announced at the Our Oceans Conference
Adobe announces new and updated Creative Cloud apps
Significant new and upgraded Creative cloud apps have been announced at Adobe’s MAX Conference today. New mobile apps include Photoshop Fix and Adobe capture CC, while Lightroom mobile gets updated capabilities. On the desktop, Lightroom gets local Dehaze adjustments and a new, simplified import dialog. Premiere Pro now offers comprehensive native UHD support with additional color and HDR workflows. Adobe has also announced Portfolio, which offers Creative Cloud subscribers the ability to create portfolio websites.
- NG photo of walrus underwater (via )
- U.S. ambassador decries Taiji dolphin hunt (via )
- 8 pilot whales die after swimming into shallow Fla waters (via )
- US Ambassador “deeply concerned” about dolphin killings at… (via )
- Adobe leaks Lightroom mobile App (via )
- Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve to 10.1 (via )
- Video stream of newborn elephant seal pup (via )
- 3D printed medium format camera (via )
- Adobe updates Photoshop CC to 14.2 (via )
- Apple updates digital camera RAW (via )