Ze Frank’s True Facts about the Octopus
FIX Neo video lights released
Nauticam USA has announced the release of the FIX Neo range of video lights. The lights feature an LCD status display, a removable battery, 180° beam angle and interchangeable heads featuring 2000, 1200 and 800 lumen outputs. They also can be controlled via an optional remote controller, that allows lights’ outputs to be controlled from a central location.
Gates announces Flex 4K housing.
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their forthcoming housing for the Phantom Flex high speed 4K camera. The housing will allow for different resolutions and frame rates, have remote trigger and run options and will give access to all camera menus and controls.
Inon lists compatibility with Olympus OM-D E-M1
Inon has listed its products that are compatible with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera and PT-EP11 housing. These include accessories for strobe triggering via fiber optic, a variety of wet macro lenses, the Inon micro fisheye lens, a dome port, a macro port and a variety of grip base mounts.
Gates shows their SWP44 super wide port
Gates Underwater Products has released images of their Z100 housing with its SWP44C super wide port and EM50 external monitor. If you’re attending NAB the Z100/SWP44/EM50 will be on display at the Sony booth C11001.
Nauticam unveils their NA-A5000 housing
Nauticam has announced details of their housing for the Sony A5000 mirrorless camera. The housing provides access to the camera’s power zoom lever, giving lens zoom function without lens rings. Other features include the port lock lever from the E-M1 housing and built-in vacuum leak detection system.
Underwater wheelchair artist Sue Austin
Underwater artist Sue Austin is bound to a wheelchair on land, but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring the world underwater. With a specially modified wheelchair named “Portal” she has created some stunning underwater images that fight the stigma towards physically handicapped people.
Update: Housing compatibility for Panasonic LUMIX GH4
DeeDee Flores of Samy’s Camera has written in to inform us that:
“The Panasonic GH-4 camera fits inside the Nauticam GH-3 housing with full functionality.”
This is great news for LUMIX DMC GH-3 owners looking to upgrade to the 4K performance of the DMC GH-4. It is likely, although not definite, that other GH-3 housings will work with the GH-4 too.
- The top 5 new features in the Lightroom 5 beta (via )
- Review: GoPro HERO3 black on HD Magazine (via )
- Puerto Rico protects leatherback turtle nesting sites (via BBC)
- Maryland set to ban shark fin trade (via )
- Lion Air flight misses runway in Denpasar, Bali - no life… (via )
- Australia takes Japan to international court over whaling (via BBC)
- Philippines charges Chinese fishermen over reef crash (via BBC)
- Another photo of a two headed shark surfaces (via )
- Nikon hack removes video time limit from D3100, D3200, D5100 and… (via )
- Alex Mustard to speak at 2020Vision Theatre Show, Derby, UK on… (via )