Light and Motion releases new video lights
Light and Motion has released two new video lights. The first, the SOLA 2100 has a 60° flood reflector and a maximum output of 2100 lumens. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Sola Video 2500 has 2500 lumens and a 90° reflector. Both run for between 1 and 4 hours depending on the output level selected.
Wetpixel DEMA coverage 2013
I am writing this whilst jetting my way across the Atlantic on a 747, watching Doug Sloss’s “Lightroom for Underwater Photographers”, on my way to Orlando, Florida. Wetpixel Associate Editor Abi Mullens and I will be attending the annual DEMA show and aim to give those that cannot be there both a flavor of the show and an update as to what is new in the world of underwater imaging. The show starts officially tomorrow so please keep checking back for for our daily updates.
Nikon announces the Df SLR
Nikon has announced the release of its retro-styled Df SLR. Produced as an homage to Nikon’s “F” series of pro film cameras, it features the 16.2 megapixel FX sensor used in the D4, a 39 point AF system with a 2016-Pixel 3D Matrix Metering and Scene Recognition System, similar to that of the D7000.
Extinct megamouth species identified
50 years after discovering a set of teeth belonging to an undescribed species of ‘Megamouth’ related shark, scientists have determined that a new species of shark has been found. Although the species name is still to be decided, the genus is Megachasma.
Wetpixel Lembeh Workshop slideshow
Wetpixel’s Lembeh Macro Workshop was an outstanding success! The results of the workshop are being continuously updated by the participants in the dedicated thread on the forum, but trip leader Alex Mustard has also produced an end of workshop slideshow, which showcases the participant’s work and gives some “behind the scenes” flavor to the event.
Name your own blenny
Anna DeLoach reports that researcher Dr. Petter Wirtz is offering individuals the chance to have a new blenny species named after them. He has discovered a new species in the Azores, and in order to fund his return to the islands to obtain another specimen, is auctioning off the opportunity to name the fish.
Gates releases housing for Canon XA25
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their upcoming housing for the Canon XA25, XA20 and HGF30 camcorders. It has mechanical controls, a side window for viewing the camera’s LCD and full camera menu access via the Canon remote control.
Nauticam announces D610 compatibility
- New restrictions affect Hong Kong shark fin traders (via )
- Dr. Sylvia Earle speaks on “Quest for Sustainable Seas” at UC… (via )
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )
- Hundreds of sea lion pups wash ashore in California (via )
- Nikon repairs salt damaged lens by boiling it (via )
- Ocean plankton soaks up more than twice the carbon previously… (via )
- NCUPS’s SEA underwater photo and video competition is accepting… (via )
- In the forum: Dive the World Magazine closes down (via )
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )