Alan C Egan: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus but Jupiter has tiger sharks
Photographer and Wetpixel member Alan C Egan has written a short article, accompanied by his images, about tiger shark diving at Jupiter, Florida. The presence of these sharks has only relatively recently been documented, and the reasons for their presence are still largely unknown. They represent a unique photographic subject for divers in Florida.
Adobe releases Lightroom 2015.3/6.3
Adobe has released Lightroom version 2015.3/6.3. Included in this release is local dehaze adjustments and support for several compact and mirrorless cameras, as well as 48 new lenses. It also addresses a list of bugs that were introduced with the ill-fated 2015.2/6.2 release. Perhaps most pertinently, the familiar import experience has been restored, allowing users to continue with their existing workflows.
Results: Open Fotosub Tenerife Güímar 2015
Results of Por el Planeta contest announced
Merging Lightroom catalogs tutorial on Adobe Blogs
Sea&Sea ships RDX-750D housing
Sea&Sea are shipping their new RDX housing for the Canon EOS Rebel T6i/750D. Manufactured from polycarbonate, the housing gives access to all the camera’s “essential” controls and can be equipped with the company’s 180° optical viewfinder. Strobe triggering us vis two fiber optic ports.
Video: Dancing cuttlefish eggs
Borneo from Below: On Board with the Sea Gypsies
Borneo from Below has released episode 16. The Bajau Laut are a nomadic, seafaring group who have lived in the waters of the Coral Triangle for centuries. This week Bertie spends a day in the life with a Bajau Laut family, the famed sea gypsies of Borneo.
- High speed liquid photography (via )
- Hawaii criticizes WA shark cull (via )
- 1956 message in a bottle from oceanographer just found (via )
- MV Kalabia - the floating classroom in Raja Ampat (via )
- New jellyfish species washes ashore in Tasmania (via )
- First fish removed from endangered species list (via )
- New JPG format rivals RAW for quality (via )
- Nikon looking at 4K video on its SLR cameras (via )
- The Japan Times questions the legitimacy of the Taji dolphin… (via )
- The February 2014 issue of DIVE magazine is available to download (via )