Gates shows their SWP44 super wide port
Gates Underwater Products has released images of their Z100 housing with its SWP44C super wide port and EM50 external monitor. If you’re attending NAB the Z100/SWP44/EM50 will be on display at the Sony booth C11001.
Nauticam unveils their NA-A5000 housing
Nauticam has announced details of their housing for the Sony A5000 mirrorless camera. The housing provides access to the camera’s power zoom lever, giving lens zoom function without lens rings. Other features include the port lock lever from the E-M1 housing and built-in vacuum leak detection system.
Underwater wheelchair artist Sue Austin
Underwater artist Sue Austin is bound to a wheelchair on land, but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring the world underwater. With a specially modified wheelchair named “Portal” she has created some stunning underwater images that fight the stigma towards physically handicapped people.
Update: Housing compatibility for Panasonic LUMIX GH4
DeeDee Flores of Samy’s Camera has written in to inform us that:
“The Panasonic GH-4 camera fits inside the Nauticam GH-3 housing with full functionality.”
This is great news for LUMIX DMC GH-3 owners looking to upgrade to the 4K performance of the DMC GH-4. It is likely, although not definite, that other GH-3 housings will work with the GH-4 too.
Aditech releases housing for the Sony AX100
Aditech has announced the availability of their Mangrove housing for the Sony FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900 4K cameras. The MVHS-AX100 uses 12 electromagnetic push buttons to control the camera via LANC. The housing also incorporates a rear mounted 3.5” High–Resolution TFT LCD monitor or an optional 3.5” AUO 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
Canon announces the XF205 and XF200 camcorders
Canon has announced two new compact pro camcorders. The XF205 and XF 200 both offer HD video in MXF and MP4 formats and manual control of focus, zoom and iris.
A freediving underwater video with a dog
Backscatter launches Macromate Mini
Backscatter has announced the release of their Macromate Mini Underwater Macro lens for the GoPro HEROS 3 and 3+. Constructed of aluminium, the lens can be attached to the company’s Flip 3.1 bracket when attached via a 55mm threaded adaptor. The Macromate Mini reduced the GoPro’s minimum focus distance to around 3” (75mm).
- Avatar sequels to feature “underwater motion… (via )
- RED details Scarlet upgrade and trade-in packages (via )
- Manatee death rate at all time high due to toxic bloom (via )
- Sony expands XAVC format for pro and consumer use (via )
- Panasonic releases the DMC-GF6 mirrorless camera (via )
- RED performs live Dragon sensor upgrades at NAB (via )
- Redrock unveils its Cobalt cage for the GoPro HERO3 (via )
- RED announces its Motion mount. Stops CMOS rolling shutter issues (via )
- Study discusses how ghost horned crabs change color for… (via )
- DxOMark tests lenses for Canon 5D Mark III (via )