Shootout: Lembeh vs Gulen Dive Resorts
Lembeh and Gulen Dive Resorts, in conjunction with Wetpixel Associate Editor Alex Mustard, have announced a unique new shootout for 2015. This will pit critter photographers in Indonesia against their counterparts in Norway. The event will take place simultaneously at both centers from 1 to 7 June 2015.
Seacam 3D housing featured on Canon Professional Network
Ikelite announces housing for Nikon D5300
Ikelite has released a housing for the Nikon D5300 SLR. The housing is constructed from Ikelite’s signature clear polycarbonate and has access to all important camera controls. It also features built in TTL strobe triggering when used with the company’s DS-series strobes.
DVD highlights underwater imaging careers
A new DVD has been released that showcases potential careers in diving. Included among the occupations are the roles of underwater photographer, cinematographer and wildlife videographer. The featured professionals in these fields are Amanda Cotton, Hilaire Brosio and Lance Milbrand.
Olympus announces the OM-D E-M10
Olympus has announced the OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It features the TruePic VII image processor, a 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor, Wi-Fi technology, a large, high-speed electronic viewfinder, 3-axis image stabilization, ultrafast autofocus and a built-in flash. Also of interest is a new 8mm f8 fish-eye body cap lens and the MCON-PO2 macro converter that can adapt six Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses for close-up shooting.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 3
The third installment of Douglas Seifert’s series of illustrated notes from the field. The Jetties of South Australia trip is now actually diving on the jetties, having taken in diving with great white sharks and sea lions along the way. Douglas reports on the macro marine life that he and the group are finding, as well as his obsession with frogfishes and the male and female colorations of cowfish.
Tutorial: Lightroom 5 visualize spots feature
Freediving underwater photos
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )
- James Cameron’s submersible donated to Woods Hole (via BBC)
- Camera lost at sea for six years is reunited with its owner (via )
- Thom Hogan reviews the Sony NEX-6 camera (via )
- DxOMark scores lenses for Nikon D800. Nikon 16-35mm f4 rated… (via )