Nauticam introduces the NA-70D housing
Nauticam’s housing for the Canon EOS 70D will be shipping from 1 October. It features a new vacuum seal check and leak detection system as standard as well as many of the features that were introduced with the NA-6D, although the ISO control has now been moved onto a paddle lever on the side of the housing.
Tickets available for San Diego Underwater Film Festival
The San Diego UnderSea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is being held on 11 and 12 October in the Qualcomm Hall, San Diego, California. 30 films will be shown and the event’s Masters of Ceremonies are Howard and Michelle Hall.
Underwater footage on Secret Life of Predators
For our U.S.A. based members: On 27 September at 10pm Easter Time, National Geographic channel will air an episode of its Secret Life of Predators series featuring some amazing underwater sequences. Entitled “Wet” it includes footage of hairy frogfish and mantis shrimp predation.
Documentary: Giants in the Wild
Patrick Masse has produced a short documentary about his recent a trip to Tonga in order to film humpback whales (Megaptera novaeangliae).
Results: SoCal Shootout
The full results of the SoCal Shootout held over 13-15 September have been announced. Best of Show first prize in the Animal Behavior category was awarded to 18-year-old Nirupam Nigam with his image of a sarcastic fringehead (Neoclinus blanchardi) “admiring” its reflection in his dome port. Congratulations to all the winners and, as ever, it is great to see so many Wetpixel members among the placings.
Oceanic black holes exist
In a new study, scientists say black holes are out there, just a lot closer than we originally thought, and much wetter.
Adobe updates Premiere and Photoshop Elements
Video: Nudibranchs and Sea slugs of Guam part one
- Canon has developed a high-sensitivity low noise full-frame CMOS… (via )
- Think Tank releases new battery and Compact Flash card pouches. (via )
- Issue 53 of X-Ray Mag is available to download (via )
- Ocean Film Festival begins 03-07-2013 in San Francisco (via )
- The March issue of DIVE magazine is now available online (via )
- Underwater Photographry magazine issue 71 is available to… (via )
- Hope still for a pro Nikon DX body: “The D7100 is not… (via )
- Ikelite offers housings for Sony A57 and A65 SLT cameras (via )
- EU Ministers vote to accept fish dumping ban. Spain, France and… (via BBC)
- PEW experts discuss shark and manta ray protection (via )