Canon announces the XF205 and XF200 camcorders
Canon has announced two new compact pro camcorders. The XF205 and XF 200 both offer HD video in MXF and MP4 formats and manual control of focus, zoom and iris.
A freediving underwater video with a dog
Backscatter launches Macromate Mini
Backscatter has announced the release of their Macromate Mini Underwater Macro lens for the GoPro HEROS 3 and 3+. Constructed of aluminium, the lens can be attached to the company’s Flip 3.1 bracket when attached via a 55mm threaded adaptor. The Macromate Mini reduced the GoPro’s minimum focus distance to around 3” (75mm).
Call for entries: World Shootout 2014
The World Shootout 2014 is calling for entries. The contest has numerous categories including: Dive Destination - 5 Best Images, Wide Angle, Macro & Super-Macro, Amateurs Sharks, Wrecks of the World and Children of World ShootOut. The requirements for entry are that the image(s) must have been taken between 1 January and 31 July 2014.
Sports Illustrated underwater portraits of athletes
Sports Illustrated has compiled a series of underwater athlete portraits that have graced the pages of the magazine. The images include everything from swimmers to baseball players, as well as one free diving portrait.
2014 DEEP Indonesia Photo Competition Winners Announced
DPG and Wetpixel are proud to announce the winners of the 2014 DEEP Indonesia International Underwater Photography Competition. The competition is part of a unique series of underwater imaging events and has become one of the biggest and most prestigious in the world. This year the competition received thousands of entries from underwater photographers in over 15 countries. Congratulations to Bert Willaert, who won Best of Show for his 1st place image from the Compact Camera category.
Seacam announces their academy
ICJ rules in favour of whales
The BBC reports that the International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled that Japan’s annual Southern Ocean whale hunt is primarily a commercial undertaking, rather than a scientific one. In addition, the ICJ has ordered a temporary halt to the whaling program. (Image credit to wdeon / Shutterstock.com)
- Study discusses how ghost horned crabs change color for… (via )
- DxOMark tests lenses for Canon 5D Mark III (via )
- Florida manatee death toll continues to rise (via )
- Scubapro launches the Waterman Award contest (via )
- Adobe to release a major upgrade to its Production Premium… (via )
- Pre-NAB: Canon announced firmware update for EOS C500 and C500PL… (via )
- Aljazeera reports on a “Diminishing Ray of Hope” for… (via )
- Adobe releases Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 (via )
- Yet more Nikon firmware updates: D3, D4, D7000, D3X, D3S and… (via )
- Lenovo releases monitor which displays 99% of Adobe RGB gamut (via )