DVD highlights underwater imaging careers
A new DVD has been released that showcases potential careers in diving. Included among the occupations are the roles of underwater photographer, cinematographer and wildlife videographer. The featured professionals in these fields are Amanda Cotton, Hilaire Brosio and Lance Milbrand.
Olympus announces the OM-D E-M10
Olympus has announced the OM-D E-M10 mirrorless camera. It features the TruePic VII image processor, a 16 megapixel Live MOS sensor, Wi-Fi technology, a large, high-speed electronic viewfinder, 3-axis image stabilization, ultrafast autofocus and a built-in flash. Also of interest is a new 8mm f8 fish-eye body cap lens and the MCON-PO2 macro converter that can adapt six Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses for close-up shooting.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 3
The third installment of Douglas Seifert’s series of illustrated notes from the field. The Jetties of South Australia trip is now actually diving on the jetties, having taken in diving with great white sharks and sea lions along the way. Douglas reports on the macro marine life that he and the group are finding, as well as his obsession with frogfishes and the male and female colorations of cowfish.
Tutorial: Lightroom 5 visualize spots feature
Freediving underwater photos
Reminder: Our World Underwater competition 2014
The Our World Underwater competition 2014, run jointly by Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide, is calling for entries. There are over $85,000 worth of prizes, including $1,000 in cash for the winner. The deadline for entries is 2 February, so please don’t delay.
Douglas Seifert’s illustrated notes from the field: Part 2
Douglas Seifert’s second instalment from the field. Perhaps typically, Douglas’s Jetties of Souther Australia trip has again been led astray. Having spent some time diving with great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias), the trip has gone on to dive with a large group of Australian sea lions (Neophoca cinerea). We are hoping that Douglas will avoid further detours and will be diving on some jetties in the next instalment!
New species of river dolphin discovered in Brazil
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )
- James Cameron’s submersible donated to Woods Hole (via BBC)
- Camera lost at sea for six years is reunited with its owner (via )
- Thom Hogan reviews the Sony NEX-6 camera (via )
- DxOMark scores lenses for Nikon D800. Nikon 16-35mm f4 rated… (via )
- Canon Singapore offers a try before you buy scheme for EF and… (via )
- Amazing image of an tardigrade extremophile (or water bear) (via BBC)