World Shootout call for entries
The World Shootout is calling for entries in their 2014 competition. Final deadline for competition registration and images/videos submission is July 31st, 2014.
Nikon announces the Nikon 1 V3 mirrorless camera
Nikon has announced the Nikon 1 V3 mirrorless camera. It has a 18.4-megapixel CX-format image sensor, a new EXPEED 4A image processor, 1080/60p Full HD video capabilities and can shoot at 20fps. Its ISO is 160-12,800 with high ISO noise reduction and Nikon will bundle an electronic viewfinder with the camera
Red Giant launches Universe
Red Giant has just released a new community driven site that gives access to up to 50 GPU accelerated plug-ins compatible with Adobe and Apple NLE products on Macs and Windows machines. Called Universe, and offering a free membership option that gives community input into development, it also has paid premium membership that will give access to additional plug-ins and early beta releases of new products.
Diving Japan’s east coast 3 years post Tsunami
Underwater life and diving has begun to rebound in a town devastated by the 2011 Japan Tsunami, Minamisanriku, which is located in the Miyagi Prefecture. Mr. Sato Chomei is an underwater photographer and owner of the dive shop Grunt Sculpin located in Minamisanriku. He has shared some images and thoughts on the recovery of the underwater landscape.
Final call: DEEP Indonesia 2014
If you are planning to enter the 2014 DEEP Indonesia contest, your entries need to have been submitted by Monday, 10 March 11:59PM PST. That’s today folks!
Video: Drone captures aerials of dolphin super pod
Captain Dave Anderson has posted a 5-minute video, shot with a DJI Phantom 2 quadcopter equipped with a GoPro HERO3 Black camera, that features a super pod of common dolphins (Delphinus delphis) stampeding off Dana Point, California, three gray whales (Eschrichtius robustus) migrating together down the coast off San Clemente, California and close-ups of a newborn humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae) calf.
Video: Water Breathing Dragon
Divers find cavern in Japan’s longest cave
In Southwestern Japan, within the Inazumi Underwater Stalactite Cave, Hitoshi Miho lead a team of divers 300 meters farther into the cave than ever before. There they found a large cavern with an air pocket.
- Firmware updates: Panasonic has released firmware version v.1.1… (via )
- Phil Bloom reviews the Backmagic Cinema MFT camera (via )
- Call for entries: San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition 2013 (via )
- Hugyfot releases new housings for Nikon D600 and Sony Action Cam (via )
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X to 10.0.8 (via )
- Behance ProSite has been added to Adobe’s Creative Cloud (via )
- Photoshelter and the ASMP present a photographer’s guide to… (via )
- ASMFC seeks to allow shark finning in US waters (via )
- The Natural History Museum launches Deep Sea ID iPhone and iPad… (via )
- DPReview posts a review of the Sony NEX-6 mirrorless camera (via )