DiveFilm Podcast: Weddell seals
DiveFilm HD Video podcast has released a new free podcast on iTunes about Antarctica’s Weddell seals (Leptonychotes weddellii), produced by Mary Lynn Price working with an Antarctica science group, B-009. The video includes some spectacular new underwater footage by musician and videographer Henry Kaiser, courtesy of Antarctica project B-470.
Review: Aquatica AD7100 housings by Tim Rock
Wetpixel member Tim Rock presents his review of the Aquatica AD7100 housing. In his review, Tim also presents a very clear argument for using the DX format for underwater use. He has largely worked around the limited write speeds of the Nikon D7100 by using high speed large capacity memory cards.
David Doubilet on the World Beneath the Surface
In a video portrait, produced by National Geographic magazine in partnership with the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill as a part of the Proof series, underwater photographer David Doubilet describes both the fact that many of the scenes that he is capturing now may not be there in two generations and that the fact that there is “always one more image” driving him to get into “trouble” again.
Video: Canon Master Darren Jew
Untitled Film Works, was invited by Canon to travel to Tonga and capture underwater photographer Darren Jew’s journey. Darren has returned to the islands many times over the years to capture iconic images of the humpback whales that congregate from July through September to court, mate and calve.
Anchovies bring Humpbacks to Monterey Bay
Two men save beached Greenland shark
Two men on Newfoundland’s northeast coast managed to save a beached Greenland shark. The story goes that they also saved the shark from choking on a large piece of moose meat.
Sea & Sea releases their housing for EOS 70D
Sea & Sea has released details of their MDX housing for the Canon EOS 70D. It can be fitted with their new Optical YS converter, has a redesigned port lock which can be operated from the outside of the housing and the housing’s 8 way multi selector mimics the camera’s control.
Teaser Trailer for Of Shark and Man
A teaser trailer for the full length documentary Of Shark and Man by David Diley. The film will uncover the inspiring untold story of Shark Reef in Fiji, one of the greatest conservation successes of recent times, where a dead reef was brought back to life by the return of its sharks.
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )
- Tokina to ship new AT-X 12-28mm f4 PRO DX lens from April 2013. (via )
- Anger grows as a shark being used by Kmart in an advert dies. (via BBC)
- Nikon updates Capture NX, Camera Control Pro and more (via )
- Palau’s President proposes no commercial fishing in island’s… (via )
- Carl Safina writes about the politics of shark protection at… (via )
- Free Actual Pixels app allows viewing of images at 100% on iOS… (via )
- How pro photographers view pro SLRs (via )
- Nikon updates ViewNX to version 2.7.4 (via )
- Call on your CITES representative to stand by their votes to… (via )