Lightroom to be available after subscriptions lapse
Tom Hogarty of Adobe has announced that users will have access to their images via Lightroom even if their Creative Cloud subscriptions lapse. From version 5.5 onwards, they will lose the Develop and Map functionality, but retain access and functionality in all the other modules.
Nauticam announces housing for GH4
Nauticam has announced their new housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 camera. The NA-GH4 is somewhat customized for video use, with a specific thumb operated button for ISO adjustment, a lever for white balance and access to both control dials. The company has also announced an upgrade kit for owners of their GH3 housing.
Video: Dive with David Doubilet and Goliath Groupers
Dive with David Doubilet as he photographs 600-pound Atlantic Goliath Groupers off Jupiter, West Palm Beach, and Boynton Beach, Florida. The fish leave the shallows after the first five years of their lives to spawn under ledges and in shipwrecks and other structures along the East and West coast of Florida from August to October. (image from Shutterstock)
Call for entries: Cairns Underwater Film Festival
Image: Got It by Christian Miller
Swedish warship Mars discovered after 450 years
The Swedish warship Mars was the largest at the time when it sank in 1564 until being discovered in 2011 by Richard Lundgren, Ingemar Lundgren and Fredrik Skogh after a 20-year search. What makes this ship so unique is how well preserved it is.
Video: Cristian Dimitrius at work
The Digital Shootout 2014
The annual Digital Shootout, now in its thirteenth year, took place from 13 to 20 June 2014, at Little Cayman Beach Resort, Little Cayman. The event attracted 80 underwater photographers, to “a boot camp with benefits for underwater image-makers, full of camaraderie amongst like-minded underwater photographers.”
- Maryland shark fin ban to be signed into law thursday (via )
- Adobe demos Lightroom for iPad (via )
- UwP magazine issue 72 is now available to download (via )
- DPReview publishes an in-depth review of the Nikon D7100 (via )
- Adobe offers $30 discount off Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements… (via )
- DIVE magazine May issue now available (via )
- Over 3,000 jellyfish on display in China (via BBC)
- Citizen scientists catalog North Sea life (via BBC)
- Report finds that 85% of reefs in the coral triangle under threat (via )
- Happy World Penguin Day! (via )