Thom Hogan releases guides to D750 and D500
Nikon guru Thom Hogan has released his Complete Guides to the Nikon D500 and D750 cameras. His guides are renown as being the most comprehensive resource for Nikon SLR owners. Both have over 900 pages of information about each camera that is unlikely to be available from a single source elsewhere.
Results: Digital Shootout Contest 2016
Freeze Frame: Introduction
Wetpixel are proud to introduce Freeze Frame; an exclusive new monthly column by award winning underwater filmmaker Evan Sherman. He will be writing about the tips and tricks that make image and video creation work in some of the most extreme and remote locations in the world. In this first installment, Evan outlines his philosophy in the “battle” to “win the image-making war.”
Vote for the Lembeh Resort calendar competition 2017
It is time for the annual Lembeh Resort calendar competition. The annual competition has a twist from many other underwater photography competitions in that the submissions are entirely from local Lembeh dive guides, usually the ones assisting and helping to get those amazing images that are synonymous with diving Lembeh Strait.
Adobe guide to Optimizing Lightroom Performance
Adobe has published a detailed guide outlining tips and settings that can help Lightroom run smoother and faster. It explains how to optimize hardware and systems, which settings provide optimal performance and how to perform regular system maintenance. Please click through for the full article.
Octospot action camera is waterproof to 200 meters
The Octospot is a new waterproof action camera on the market. The camera is self contained in its own waterproof housing and shoots 4k video. It is waterproof to a depth of 200 meters (656 feet) and white balances automatically with depth.
Issue 23 of Anima Mundi available
David Shiffman on Shark Week 2016
Marine scientist David Shiffman has gathered his reviews of the programs featured during the 2016 Discovery Shark Week onto a single page on Southern Fried Science. He includes both his predictions of the programming prior to broadcast and his reviews after having viewed the programs.
- Announcing Fit Diver magazine (via )
- World’s largest aquatic insect discovered in China (via )
- Blackmagic design updates camera firmware to version 1.8.2 (via )
- Adobe releases Camera Raw release candidate version 8.6 (via )
- Free Aperture to Lightroom migration tool in open beta (via )
- Seahorses growl when stressed study shows (via )
- Artist Nathaniel Stern and his team make underwater scans (via )
- Japan’s prime minister confirms whale hunt to resume in… (via )
- Nikon NX-D software to be released for free in a week (via )
- Stunning school of mobula rays NG photo of the day (via )