Sony announces the FS7 Mark II camcorder
Sony has announced the FS7 Mark II camcorder. It has the features of the original FS7, but adds electronic ND filters, a lever lock E-mount and “mechanical design improvements” It records to an XQD card and Sony has also announced a 256GB version, which allows for 45 minutes recoding at 4K 60P.
Video: Teleconverter vs Cropped Sensor
Show Coverage: DEMA 2016
In an ideal world, the whole Wetpixel community would be able to attend (and many do), but for those of you that cannot, Adam Hanlon, Abu Mullens and Drew Wohl (together with a guest appearance by Eric Cheng) plan to bring the show to you. We will be reporting from the show every day, so please keep checking back for updates. If you are at the show and see us wandering around, please come over and say hi!
Review: Vivid-Pix Scuba Picture Fix
A review of Vivid Pix Scuba Picture Fix app. This app is designed to simplify and streamline the process of editing images captured underwater. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon puts it through its paces.
Wetpixel/DivePhotoGuide party at DEMA 2016
Join Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide for our annual DEMA underwater imaging party. It will be held on Thursday 17 November on the rooftop of the Westgate Hotel. As always, it is likely to be busy event and it has a well deserved reputation for being the best DEMA party!
Whale shark encounter database helps scientists track largest fish
A whale shark database, known as Wildbook for Whale Sharks, is helping scientists track and study the largest fish in the sea. Marine biologist Brad Norman developed the online database as a way to recruit the help of schoolchildren, divers, fisherman, and tourists to learn more about the mysterious fish. Through more than 36,000 encounters posted to the database, 7,000 whale sharks have been tracked around the world.
Field Review: Nauticam NA-D500 housing
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of the Nauticam NA-D500 housing. He was able to use the housing for over a month during the Wetpixel Raja Ampat Expedition and Wetpixel/Alex Mustard Macro Workshop in Indonesia as well as subsequently in the UK.
Aquatica ships AD5 housing for Nikon D5
- Canon updates C300 Mark II firmware to 220.127.116.11 (via )
- Turkish scuba diver set new world record after 6 days underwater (via )
- Behind the scenes of an underwater photo shoot (via )
- Adobe updates Lightroom to CC2015.6.1 (via )
- A dam in Montana threatens extinction of the pallid sturgeon (via )
- Flickr to be owned by Verizon in Yahoo deal (via )
- Adobe updates Camera Raw CC to 9.6.1 (via )
- Mick Fanning returns to J-Bay and wins one year after great… (via )
- Underwater photo of Michael Phelps and US Olympic swimmers (via )
- Cuba: a model for sustainable tourism (via )