Behind the Shot: Harry Stone
Harry Stone posted a fantastic shot of some blacktip sharks at the surface on Wetpixel’s Facebook page in the past few days. Here is the story behind how he got it.
The Nikonos Project: Borrow a camera for free
Many underwater photographers started out their careers shooting with film on the Nikonos family of cameras and still have a fondness for them. One such photographer, Brandon Jennings, has turned his fondness into a hobby and a worldwide project. The Nikonos Project seeks to get the 35mm film cameras into the hands of photographers around the world, for free, to shoot and share with others.
Sony announces HXR-NX100 camcorder
Video: Sogod Bay in 4K
This weeks Earth Touch Wild Oceans episode is from Sogod Bay, southern Philippines. Filmed in 4K, cameraman Stewart Whitfield shows the beauty of this dive and the incredible quality of the reef. Look out for damselfish, masked porcupinefish, a magnificently camouflaged spiny devilfish and soft corals.
Spaces available: Raja Ampat September 2016
GoPro announces HERO+ LCD
Asus announces 100% Adobe RGB monitor
Asus has announced a 4K/UHD monitor that can display the whole Adobe RGB color space. Engadget reports that the PA329Q monitor also has a 16-bit look up table and support for the BT2020 / DCI-P3 video color space. It is pre-calibrated but also offers the “highest compatibility with hardware calibration devices”.
Video: Palau’s Paradise: Ocean Wonders Worth Protecting
- Report on the Blenny Challenge week 3 (via )
- Composite split shots breakdown (via )
- Nikon rumor: new dedicated uw camera (via )
- X-Ray International magazine issue 56 is now available to… (via )
- Kodak exits bankruptcy (via )
- Sony releases updates for NEX-7, NEX-5R, NEX-6 and a99 cameras (via )
- Panasonic updates firmware for DMC-GF6 (via )
- Everything you need to know about RED Dragon (via )
- Issue 74 of UwP magazine is now available to download (via )
- New species of walking sharks discovered in Indonesia (via )