Show Coverage: DEMA 2016
In an ideal world, the whole Wetpixel community would be able to attend (and many do), but for those of you that cannot, Adam Hanlon, Abu Mullens and Drew Wohl (together with a guest appearance by Eric Cheng) plan to bring the show to you. We will be reporting from the show every day, so please keep checking back for updates. If you are at the show and see us wandering around, please come over and say hi!
Review: Vivid-Pix Scuba Picture Fix
A review of Vivid Pix Scuba Picture Fix app. This app is designed to simplify and streamline the process of editing images captured underwater. Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon puts it through its paces.
Wetpixel/DivePhotoGuide party at DEMA 2016
Join Wetpixel and DivePhotoGuide for our annual DEMA underwater imaging party. It will be held on Thursday 17 November on the rooftop of the Westgate Hotel. As always, it is likely to be busy event and it has a well deserved reputation for being the best DEMA party!
Whale shark encounter database helps scientists track largest fish
A whale shark database, known as Wildbook for Whale Sharks, is helping scientists track and study the largest fish in the sea. Marine biologist Brad Norman developed the online database as a way to recruit the help of schoolchildren, divers, fisherman, and tourists to learn more about the mysterious fish. Through more than 36,000 encounters posted to the database, 7,000 whale sharks have been tracked around the world.
Field Review: Nauticam NA-D500 housing
Wetpixel Editor Adam Hanlon presents a field review of the Nauticam NA-D500 housing. He was able to use the housing for over a month during the Wetpixel Raja Ampat Expedition and Wetpixel/Alex Mustard Macro Workshop in Indonesia as well as subsequently in the UK.
Aquatica ships AD5 housing for Nikon D5
Nikon announces the D5600 SLR camera
Nikon has announced the D5600 SLR camera. It is an entry level model, featuring a DX 24.4MP sensor with a native ISO range of 100 to 25600. It does not have a built in lens focusing motor so lens choices for underwater use are unfortunately limited.
GoPro recalls all Karma drones
- Massive number of By-The-Wind-Sailor jellies cover water surface (via )
- Apple updates FCPX, Compressor, Motion (via )
- DSTRUX brings control to sharing images online (via )
- Shark week is more dangerous than sharks (via )
- NG photo of the day by Mike Korostolev (via )
- World’s fastest camera shoots at 4.4 trillion frames per… (via )
- Australian humpback dolphin is world’s newest dolphin… (via )
- Baby whale saved from Australian shark net (via )
- Showing sharks in a positive light by George Probst (via )
- Apple expands OS X Mavericks raw support (via )