HydroFlex debuts housing for ALEXA 65
An article in Film and Digital Times, HydroFlex has announced that their new Remote AquaCam housing for the ARRI ALEXA 65 has been in use shooting VFX sequences for a “major motion picture” at the underwater stage at Pinewood Studios, near London, England. As no actual camera was available at the time, the housing was originally designed using CAD and 2D design drawings.
Australia seeks to overturn shark agreement
Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 winners announced
Adobe announces OS compatibility for Lightroom 6
In the first official announcement about it, Adobe has set out which operating systems Lightroom 6 will support. It will only work with Mac OS X 10.8 or above, or 64 bit versions of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. Given that Windows 10 was announced today, it is likely that it will be supported too. The announcement does not set out when Lightroom 6 will be released, nor whether there will be a beta version as there has been with previous versions of the software.
Nauticam ships housing for Panasonic LX100
Nauticam is shipping their housing for the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100. The NA-LX100 offers access to the camera’s three lens mounted control rings, for aperture, shutter speed and aspect ratio. The housing utilizes the new N50 port system, which offers varying port options.
Job opportunity: Marketing Manager @ Backscatter
Our friends at Backscatter Underwater Video and Photo are seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee the all company’s marketing tasks. The position is based in Monterey, California and they are ideally looking for someone to start in early February.
RIP Lotte Hass
Pioneer of diving and underwater imaging, Lotte Hass, passed away on 14 January. Lotte overcame many stereotypes to become a very early underwater image maker, and was instrumental in bringing images of the underwater world to a worldwide audience in the 1950’s. Our thoughts and condolences go out to her family and friends.
BSoUP announces the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship
The British Society of Underwater Photographers (BSoUP) has launched the British and Irish Underwater Championship. Any image taken underwater between 10am and 10pm on 4 September 2105 within the UK and Ireland is eligible for entry.
- Photoshelter updates the CF/SD/XQD card database (via )
- Jellyfish cam is live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium (via )
- Tutorial about another way of correcting fisheye distortion (via )
- A plug-in to correct for fisheye lens distortion (via )
- Underwater fashion photoshoot using Sony Xperia Z3 (via )
- Canon photographer Tyler Stableford on photographing whale sharks (via )
- Wetpixel black and white article on Outdoor Photographer (via )
- Underwater photography in space (via )
- Kodak’s 360 degree action cam (via )
- Issue 81 of Underwater Photographer Magazine is now available (via )