Stop press: Housing compatibility update
Wetpixel has spent the day at The Photography Show at the NEC, Birmingham, UK. There will be full report to follow, but during the show, we were able to do some testing in terms of housing compatibility with the new models from Nikon and Canon.
Reikan releases FoCal 2 calibration software
Reikan has announced the release of version 2 of their FoCal automatic focus tuning software. The update allows users to compare their calibration results with other users. Other changes include a lens optical performance test using an astigmatism metric and a redesigned user interface.
Wetpixel publisher, Eric Cheng, interviewed by Huffington Post
Wetpixel publisher, Eric Cheng, has been interviewed by the Huffington Post in an article titled, “An Explorer’s Lessons On Happiness, Photography, And Greeting Whales”. The candid interview gives an inside look to the creator of Wetpixel.
Nikon releases ViewNX-i software
Nikon has released their ViewNX-i image browser. The software, for Nikon cameras, can be used to import and then browse images, it defaults to work with Nikon’s Capture NX-D for editing, but also allows the use of third-party editors to be added. Included in the app is theViewNX Movie Editor for processing and editing video footage.
Diving destinations change visa requirements
The Indonesian government has announced that they plan to remove the need for visitors from 30 countries to purchase visas upon arrival. By contrast, the Egyptian government has announced that individual visitors will be required to apply for visas from embassies and consulates prior to travel
Video: Lionfish stalks and kills prey
Video: The Guardians of Raja Ampat
The “Guardians of Raja Ampat” is a film produced for The Ocean Voice by Wetpixel Moderator Shawn Heinrichs and John Weller to show the local communities of the area the amazing biological riches of the area they live in. It has toured the remote areas of the region and has been shown to over 10,000 people, in conjunction with a concert.
Wetpixel/Mustard Macro Workshop 2016
- 200 year old fish caught off Alaska (via )
- Latest videos from the ICJ trial of Japanese commercial whaling (via )
- July/August issue (#73) of UWP Magazine is available now (via )
- Carl Zeiss rebrands as just ZEISS (via )
- DIVE magazine’s July issue is out now (via )
- Issue 29 of the Underwater Journal is now available to download (via )
- Lampreys get “hot” for each other (via BBC)
- Air New Zealand’s full ban on shark fin cargo (via )
- National Geographic Taveler Photo Contest still open (via )
- Nikon updates D7100 C firmware to v.1.01 (via )