Nauticam releases carbon fiber buoyancy arms
Nauticam has announced the release of a series of tubular carbon fiber buoyancy arms. Fitted with a 1” ball, the arms are available in 2.3” and 3.5” diameters and in lengths from 6” to 12”.
RIP Captain Chris Senetra
Some very sad news from Bird’s Underwater of Crystal River, Florida. Captain Chris Senetra died of a heart attack following an early morning manatee tour yesterday. For many visiting the area to swim, photograph and interact with the manatees, Captain Chris was a guide, expert and advocate. Our thoughts go out to her family and friends.
Video: Scillies seals
Underwater images without getting wet
RED CEO resigns
Samy’s Camera ventures underwater
Photographic retailer Samy’s Camera is now offering a range of underwater housings and products. In addition to retail, Samy’s plans to offer underwater imaging related workshops, classes and trips.
Backscatter expands Flip filter family
Nauticam releases the NA-Ninja 2
Nauticam is now shipping their housing for the Atomos Ninja 2 recorder/monitor. The housing uses touch screen controls to activate key controls including focus peaking, adjustable zebra, false color twin mode and blue-only exposure check. It is compatible with a wide range of cameras.
- Protection of the wreck of the SAS Pietermaritzburg (via African Diver)
- The failing South African Fisheries Department (via African Diver)
- Canal fish removed for lock repairs (via BBC)
- Video: Ikelite Spring Product Preview (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Photographer Stephen Frink Named “Diver of the Year” (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Rumored Specifications for Upcoming Canon 7D Mk II (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Penis size matters to female moles (via BBC)
- Dolphins ‘mimic call of companions’ (via BBC)
- Olympus Announces XZ-10 Compact in USA (via DivePhotoGuide)
- Video: Massive Dolphin Pod off California (via DivePhotoGuide)