Gates announces Flex 4K housing.
Gates Underwater Products has released details and renderings of their forthcoming housing for the Phantom Flex high speed 4K camera. The housing will allow for different resolutions and frame rates, have remote trigger and run options and will give access to all camera menus and controls.
Inon lists compatibility with Olympus OM-D E-M1
Inon has listed its products that are compatible with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 mirrorless camera and PT-EP11 housing. These include accessories for strobe triggering via fiber optic, a variety of wet macro lenses, the Inon micro fisheye lens, a dome port, a macro port and a variety of grip base mounts.
Gates shows their SWP44 super wide port
Gates Underwater Products has released images of their Z100 housing with its SWP44C super wide port and EM50 external monitor. If you’re attending NAB the Z100/SWP44/EM50 will be on display at the Sony booth C11001.
Nauticam unveils their NA-A5000 housing
Nauticam has announced details of their housing for the Sony A5000 mirrorless camera. The housing provides access to the camera’s power zoom lever, giving lens zoom function without lens rings. Other features include the port lock lever from the E-M1 housing and built-in vacuum leak detection system.
Underwater wheelchair artist Sue Austin
Underwater artist Sue Austin is bound to a wheelchair on land, but that hasn’t stopped her from exploring the world underwater. With a specially modified wheelchair named “Portal” she has created some stunning underwater images that fight the stigma towards physically handicapped people.
Update: Housing compatibility for Panasonic LUMIX GH4
DeeDee Flores of Samy’s Camera has written in to inform us that:
“The Panasonic GH-4 camera fits inside the Nauticam GH-3 housing with full functionality.”
This is great news for LUMIX DMC GH-3 owners looking to upgrade to the 4K performance of the DMC GH-4. It is likely, although not definite, that other GH-3 housings will work with the GH-4 too.
Aditech releases housing for the Sony AX100
Aditech has announced the availability of their Mangrove housing for the Sony FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900 4K cameras. The MVHS-AX100 uses 12 electromagnetic push buttons to control the camera via LANC. The housing also incorporates a rear mounted 3.5” High–Resolution TFT LCD monitor or an optional 3.5” AUO 16:9 ultra-high resolution monitor.
Canon announces the XF205 and XF200 camcorders
Canon has announced two new compact pro camcorders. The XF205 and XF 200 both offer HD video in MXF and MP4 formats and manual control of focus, zoom and iris.
- Manta trade proves that no species is safe from burgeoning… (via )
- Hundreds of sea lion pups wash ashore in California (via )
- Nikon repairs salt damaged lens by boiling it (via )
- Ocean plankton soaks up more than twice the carbon previously… (via )
- NCUPS’s SEA underwater photo and video competition is accepting… (via )
- In the forum: Dive the World Magazine closes down (via )
- The 2013 BSoUP Splash in to be held on 6 July in Plymouth, UK. (via )
- Sony releases firmware v1.10 for F5, F55 and AXA-R5 cameras.… (via )
- PEW sets out the case for a marine reserve off East Antarctica (via )
- Tokina to ship new AT-X 12-28mm f4 PRO DX lens from April 2013. (via )