Book release: 100 Facts About Dolphins
Viktor Lyagushkin, Nikon Ambassador and National Geographic Russia photographer, together with Bogdana Vashchenko have just released an eBook entitled “100 Facts about Dolphins”. The book represents the results of several years of research and photography into the Black Sea Black Sea bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops Truncatus Ponticus).
Resources for Adobe Lightroom 6/CC users
Since Lightroom 6/CC’s release, Adobe has posted over 60 tutorials. These include guides for those completely new to the app, as well as orientation to the new features in the latest release. The tutorials are free to view and represent an amazing resource. Don’t forget to check out Wetpixel’s review too.
Japan suspended from world aquarium association
The Dodo reports that the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums has suspended the Japanese Association of Zoos and Aquariums due to concerns that they were obtaining dolphins from the infamous drive hunts at Taji, Wakayama, Japan. This amounts to Japanese aquaria and dolphinariums no longer being recognized by any international bodies.
Video: Canon on 4K optics
Ikelite announces housing for OM-D E-M5 Mark II
Rob Stewart’s Revolution released online
Revolution, “The Evolution of Life and the Revolution to Save Us”, directed by Rob Stewart of Sharkwater fame has been released and is now available to download. Featuring some stunning wildlife and underwater footage, the film charts Stewart’s journey charts what he describes as “the biggest movement in history” as he charts the growth of environmental awareness and activism worldwide.
Show report: ADEX 2015
Wetpixel Moderator Drew Wong provides us with a report for the Asian Dive Expo (ADEX), which was held at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Center in Singapore from 10 to 12 April. Drew gives us an illustrated run-down of all the new products on display, and the dishes the dirt on who did what to who at the Wetpixel/Scubacam ADEX Imaging party.
Voting for Por el Planeta people’s choice award now open
- Ocean leaders write to protect Antarctica’s ocean (via )
- Seagulls attack and kill whales in Argentina (via )
- Photo of the day is a split shot of manatees (via )
- Video of deepest diving pool on earth (via )
- Sony RX1R review: “Better than medium format” (via )
- Firmware updates for Panasonic GH3 and G5 (via )
- Great White Shark federal status controversial (via )
- National Wildlife 2013 photo contest open for entries (via )
- Photo of Caimans at night in Brazil (via )
- Canon showcases EOS 70D new AF capabilities (via )